Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results 2012

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I didn't get a letter, so I suppose that's a good sign. :) How many Ds can one get overall, and in each semester?

What should I do if I feel one of my results is inaccurate? I've e-mailed the lecturer in questions, but that's all I've done for now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Gumbi wrote: »
    I didn't get a letter, so I suppose that's a good sign. :) How many Ds can one get overall, and in each semester?

What should I do if I feel one of my results is inaccurate? I've e-mailed the lecturer in questions, but that's all I've done for now.

You can have as many D's as you like as long as your QCA is above 2.0.

You have the option of repeating those D's if you want to clear them from your record and boost your QCA, but if you're in first year then there's no point.

As for rechecks, there's a procedure somewhere, maybe email sueducation@ul.ie to get the details of it, can't remember off the top of my head what you've to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Gumbi wrote: »

I think its a tenner to get a copy of the script and 25 to get it rechecked and like the leaving cert you get it back if you get a improved grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Cool, sound guys. I think I need to get my script seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Got two P and a null

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Got the letter there an hour or so ago and it has last semesters stuff on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

1 A1, A2, 2 B1's and a B2 and a B1 in the fyp, 1.1 degree in law & accounting in the bag, roll on graduation in august.

Beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

There's nothing wrong with a pass degree, is there?

I'm sure my 2.5QCA will really attract some fantastic employers for co-op next year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

4C's and a D
    Im happy that the D wasnt an F as expected but im disappointed with a few of the C's.
    That leaves me with QCA of 2.16 which makes me want to repeat the D2 but is it worth it?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

ryanf1 wrote: »
    4C's and a D
    Im happy that the D wasnt an F as expected but im disappointed with a few of the C's.
    That leaves me with QCA of 2.16 which makes me want to repeat the D2 but is it worth it?

What I'd do is go onto the repeats registration thing on wednesday and see what your QCA would be if you got a C3 in the module you got a D in. Then weigh up the difference Vs. the 171quid you'd be paying, and the effort you'd have to put in to get the C3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Spectre92

Can someone please advise me on something.
    If you failed an exam, and do not have all the lecture notes needed for the repeat . . . how is it possible to get them now.
    Please help if you can, I'm trying to get knuckled down to this stuff as quickly as possible.:)

Spectre92 wrote: »
    If you failed an exam, and do not have all the lecture notes needed for the repeat . . . how is it possible to get them now.
    Please help if you can, I'm trying to get knuckled down to this stuff as quickly as possible.:)

1) Ask the lecturer.
    2) If they were put up online during the semester they may still be there.
    3) If they were notes you were meant to take yourself during the semester then ask someone in your class for theirs.

Spectre92 wrote: »
    Want to tell us the modules? We may be able to help.

I have to repeat EE4001, MA4001 (stupid mistakes... :mad:) and mechanics 1 and I kept all my material for those, so I can lend you/copy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭StevieNicksFan

Woop Woop! Bye Bye UL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Woop Woop! Bye Bye UL :D

Get ou...... Fuck.

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    Get ou...... Fuck.

I think that's everything in one day! That's gotta be a record. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭oldspice

4B's and 1C QCA of 3.

Happy enough in second year business QCA was also 3 last semester so average 3.

Does an employers look at your grades as in a QCA of 3 or having a 2.1 degree?

Thanks Oldspice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

degree

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

QCA 3.08, and A2 for my FYP...sk'yup oura that

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭salmon1

Anyone know when the exam papers from summer exams will be put up online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭clancy wiggum

Can somebody please advise me where the qca calcultaor is that lets u know what ur qca would be with the repeat capped results? i.e as in change a d1 to a c2

Can somebody please advise me where the qca calcultaor is that lets u know what ur qca would be with the repeat capped results? i.e as in change a d1 to a c2
    Repeats are capped at a C3 unless it's an I grade. I'm working mine out atm also.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭clancy wiggum

ya sorry meant c3.
    does anybody know where the facility is to see what your qca would be after a successful repeat? I'm nearly sure there was such a facilty on the portal in previous years...

ya sorry meant c3.
    does anybody know where the facility is to see what your qca would be after a successful repeat? I'm nearly sure there was such a facilty on the portal in previous years...

Student Portal > Web Repeat System

It'll show you your residual QCA after your repeats.

Advertisement