Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are threads closed?

Options
  • 29-05-2012 7:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

Just reading the threads which have been closed , are all the moderators public/civil servants? Anything that seems to condem the ps/cs seems to be closed very quickly. All they are doing is fuelling the divide and anger at how our tax money is paying their wages/pensions. People aren't angry with the bondholders because we can't see them. My teacher neighbours still have foreign holidays, one is going on 3 this year and just bought a new car.

There seems to be a pattern of thread closures.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

femur61 wrote: »
    Just reading the threads which have been closed , are all the moderators public/civil servants? Anything that seems to condem the ps/cs seems to be closed very quickly. All they are doing is fuelling the divide and anger at how our tax money is paying their wages/pensions. People aren't angry with the bondholders because we can't see them. My teacher neighbours still have foreign holidays, one is going on 3 this year and just bought a new car.

I hazard a guess that it is the quality of debate, such as the bold part in your own statement. We could go around and around in circles for 20 pages but it always ends in the same result. I'm sure some here can find satisfaction in the news that 2 HSE workers were sacked for absenteeism according to the Indo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

My teacher neighbours still have foreign holidays, one is going on 3 this year and just bought a new car..
    There seems to be a pattern

seems to be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,839 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I put up a thread yesterday on a PS union urging a yes vote, didnt even feel the need for commentary (as it was the only thing which would sustain the CPA). It was shut down immediately... Didnt feel the need to comment as I was sure it would be inundated with comments fairly soon! But who am i to argue about where my taxes are spent wasted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Maybe we could have a stickied thread where all the anti-PS/CS posters could go and mutually backslap each other on how dreadful the PS/CS is.

If it gets too tame, maybe occasionally we could get a real civil servant to come on the thread and say something like "got paid again today, suckers!" just to raise the temperature a bit among the anti-posters and start them off on another round of crying and moaning again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Paulzx

. My teacher neighbours still have foreign holidays, one is going on 3 this year and just bought a new car.

Do you jot this all down just so you don't miss anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Yes - we close low quality threads and low quality OPs, such as this. In the case where the poster has apparently been entirely unable to read the Forum Charter on such issues as whinging about moderation other than in the outlets specifically provided for doing so, we also ban the OP.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement