Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vatican still doesnt care about protecting children

Options
  • 25-05-2012 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Wow, just finished reading an article in the irish Times (http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/world/2012/0525/1224316664040.html?via=mr) :mad:

The Italian Bishops’ Conference (CEI) conclude with an observation that there is no “juridical obligation” on bishops to report “illicit facts” to the police.

Now, if the article is accurate I cannot believe that the vatican STILL think they aere not responsibly to report child abuse. Bloody Hell. Does the church STILL think they do not have to abide by the laws of the country they are in. Sure we know that by hiding the problem it doesn't just go awayand does in fact make it worse.

Obviously Enda's rant last year about the church didnt make a whit of difference and the church stillhold themselves above the rest of us.

Whether law or not, do SOME priests have no conscience at all! Has their moral compass been whittled away by a church?

If the church continue in this way, Ruairi Quinn better hurry up and get them out of our schools.

John Ryan
    Wexford

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,655 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Just to put this in context, this seems to only apply to Italy and is not a worldwide declaration.
    However it is being made in the Vatican so it does give you a good idea of how above the law they think they are and its easy to assume they may try and issues similar declarations in other countries.
    In all honesty i kinda hope they do as it would most likely bring the church to its knees. And that statement is not an attack on catholics i dont care what god you believe in but the catholic church as an institution needs to die a firey death and sooner rather than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Why does this surprise anyone?

Advertisement