Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record Label Internship

Options
  • 22-05-2012 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows how to get a record label internship? Or what labels do them? I know they do plenty in the UK but cant seem to find much information for Irish located companies...if anyone has any experience with this and has any tips i would be extremely grateful :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jam Promotions and Management

The major labels in ireland dont do internships, most will give you work experience but its only for a week.. Most major label offices in ireland only have a small team working there and most (if not all) dont have A&R department so they dont take on or even look for new bands, the lads in the UK do that. The irish offices here just look after album promotions and the labels acts when they come to ireland.

If you look into the smaller labels, most are being run by one guy, thats something ive learnt from doing work experience a lot of the music industry companies in ireland are basically one guy or a guy and his mate.. you dont really need anyone else. You should still try a lot of the smaller places for work experience as they usual need help and will keep you around if your good.

Gain the experience then maybe try some of the major label head offices in the Uk for internships... EMI just recently out up a load of new internships.

http://www.reekus.com/ - this label was looking for interns before so might be good to start there..

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 murmurrrr

That's great thanks for your help! yeah i've applied just this week to Reekus Records so hopefully I will hear something back :) Thanks again!

Advertisement