Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weston Airport

Options
13468940

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods


    FWVT wrote: »
    What? Blue Max is gone? :( Was going to head there for lunch!

    Thats a shame ,woder what they'll do with it now? As for the local residents , what did they expect buying a house beside an airfield. its been there since 1934. The biggest are objectors are Weston park, which is a relatively new estate.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012


    G-MAOL A109 Mash Aviation
    G-VIPY PA-31 Capital Air Charter

    Pictues
    G-MAOL http://flic.kr/p/e4ZraQ
    G-VIPY http://flic.kr/p/e4TKoK


    The old restaurant has reopened serving soup & sandwiches type of fare.
    Spoke to the manager who hopes to have the full restaurant up and running soon.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012


    N129SC PA-32 Manx Orthopaedic Services Inc
    N216GC PA-28 Southern Aircraft Consultancy Inc
    N241WB Beech Baron Spring Air
    N8990F Hughes 269 Southern Aircraft Consultancy Inc

    Pictures

    N214WB http://flic.kr/p/e9pJPF

    N8990F http://flic.kr/p/e9pxhB


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012


    M-FLYI Beech 350 Avtrade Ltd

    picture

    http://flic.kr/p/e9X9Vk


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012


    M-JSTA CL604 Channel Aviation

    M-TSRI Be90GTX Timpson Ltd



    pictures

    M-JSTA & M-TSRI http://flic.kr/p/ec6kLQ

    M-JSTA http://flic.kr/p/ec6vEQ

    M-TSRI http://flic.kr/p/ebZKde


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012


    F-HBFG C182T Francois Gerard
    G-ZVIP Be200 Capital Air Charter
    M-JSTA CL604 Channel Aviation

    Pictures:
    F-HBFG http://flic.kr/p/ecmymW
    G-ZVIP http://flic.kr/p/ecmobf
    G-ZVIP http://flic.kr/p/ecmo9S
    M-JSTA http://flic.kr/p/ecmrGy


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012


    G-CGGD Dauphin Multiflight Ltd

    Picture:
    G-CGGD http://flic.kr/p/edT9p7


  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭N7777G


    I have started a (b)log of visitors which may be of interest

    http://eiwt.blogspot.ie/


  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro


    N7777G wrote: »
    I have started a (b)log of visitors which may be of interest

    http://eiwt.blogspot.ie/

    Excellent!


  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭typera12


    Sorry for been pickie but the address should be Kildare-Weston Airport as a kildare man myself had to point it out ha ha, but great blog keep up the good work


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,492 ✭✭✭✭L1011


    typera12 wrote: »
    Sorry for been pickie but the address should be Kildare-Weston Airport as a kildare man myself had to point it out ha ha, but great blog keep up the good work

    About 1/10th of the runway and the associated stopway is in Kildare. The rest and the terminal buildings are in Dublin.


  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭typera12


    Yeh i seen that on google maps i live in leixlip myself been taken flying lessons with the National Flight Centre there address is Leixlip Co Kildare must be able to pick and choose if you want ur address Dublin or Kildare.


  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ChicaneAuto


    Been Flying Trim Flying CLub's EI-DDC from weston recently, trying to get solo again.
    I was a little bewildered by the displaced threshold, I was asked politely to execute a base turn and finals, it was a bit of a journey back in to land, such a waste of tarmac!
    To be fair I was nearly in Sallins when he called.

    Is there any sign of this getting permission to be used? Is it a planning issue or noise abatement alone that has it this way? Surely at the western end of the runway there is less noise issues?


  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fully Established


    typera12 wrote: »
    Yeh i seen that on google maps i live in leixlip myself been taken flying lessons with the National Flight Centre there address is Leixlip Co Kildare must be able to pick and choose if you want ur address Dublin or Kildare.
    I think the point your missing is that prior to the new building been built north of the runway , the original side on the Celbridge road that the schools originally were located in actually lies with in feet of the border between Dublin and Kildare it actually nearly cuts through the bravo taxiway in Weston . But the new buildings on the north side of the runway are in Dublin.


  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭typera12


    Yeh i understand that, Just weird why the NFC address is still leixlip Co Kildare even though there located in the main terminal


  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭N7777G


    typera12 wrote: »
    Sorry for been pickie but the address should be Kildare-Weston Airport as a kildare man myself had to point it out ha ha, but great blog keep up the good work

    And being A Dub myself I'll be pickie back at ya!

    check out Weston's own website:- http://www.westonairport.com/

    To my knowledge a substantial part of the airfield is in County Dublin and us Dubs always considered Weston to be ours! :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭typera12


    I seen that already just wondering why all the flight schools located in the terminal all have addresses as leixlip co kildare

    http://skywest.ie/contact/weston-airport-dublin

    http://www.flightwise.ie/about/find-us/ (Bottom of the page address)

    http://www.nfc.ie/content.aspx?id=70&subid=76


  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭logie101


    typera12 wrote: »
    I seen that already just wondering why all the flight schools located in the terminal all have addresses as leixlip co kildare

    http://skywest.ie/contact/weston-airport-dublin

    http://www.flightwise.ie/about/find-us/ (Bottom of the page address)

    http://www.nfc.ie/content.aspx?id=70&subid=76

    I think it's because the flight schools were originally located in offices located on the far side of the airfield. (Just inside the Kildare border)

    Then when the new terminal was built they moved across to "Dublin" side.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g


    The dublin, kildare boarder runs basically thru the mid section of the field :)


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT




  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭LeftBase


    This thread is getting rather parochial! :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Bsal


    I was out in Weston yesterday and noticed a new flying school up and running. They where using a C150 G-BAEV looked in great condition. Their called Skyways Aviation. They seem to offer lots of courses. Good to see Weston getting some more business, here's the website

    http://www.skyways.ie/


  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Xpro


    Bsal wrote: »
    I was out in Weston yesterday and noticed a new flying school up and running. They where using a C150 G-BAEV looked in great condition. Their called Skyways Aviation. They seem to offer lots of courses. Good to see Weston getting some more business, here's the website

    http://www.skyways.ie/


    That Cessna was up for sale a while ago. Absolutely stunning and well kept C150 that was always privately owned.

    I didn't know they were in weston. Looking at their website they seem to offer quite a lot. From PPL to Meir and TR.


  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭logie101


    Anybody know how much they charge to rent the 150?
    I hope it's a bit cheaper than NFC...


  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭LeftBase


    Bsal wrote: »
    I was out in Weston yesterday and noticed a new flying school up and running. They where using a C150 G-BAEV looked in great condition. Their called Skyways Aviation. They seem to offer lots of courses. Good to see Weston getting some more business, here's the website

    http://www.skyways.ie/

    Does this school's rhetoric look a little familiar to anyone? :rolleyes:


  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭happy_head


    LeftBase wrote: »
    Does this school's rhetoric look a little familiar to anyone? :rolleyes:

    It's not PTC if that's what you are getting at, they have a new place in Waterford called Clearsky Pilot Training.

    Anybody know if they rent to PPL holders and if so how much? I'm sick of paying €195 for solo on a 152 knowing how much of a profit the school are making


  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭logie101


    happy_head wrote: »
    It's not PTC if that's what you are getting at, they have a new place in Waterford called Clearsky Pilot Training.

    Anybody know if they rent to PPL holders and if so how much? I'm sick of paying €195 for solo on a 152 knowing how much of a profit the school are making

    I heard it is €160 an hour (hobbs) solo or dual. So not too bad at all. And it is a nice little Aerobat with the 130hp engine.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Kenny2012


    here is a picture of the machine in question - G-BAEV

    http://flic.kr/p/8cinYv

    Ken


  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger


    The Aer Lingus DeHaviland DH-84 "Iolar" is expected to fly into Weston tomorrow.

    Was stated on their facebook page yesterday.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered


    Bsal wrote: »
    I was out in Weston yesterday and noticed a new flying school up and running. They where using a C150 G-BAEV looked in great condition. Their called Skyways Aviation. They seem to offer lots of courses. Good to see Weston getting some more business, here's the website

    http://www.skyways.ie/

    G-BAEV was based at Spanish Point for a long time in the hangar.
    Nice aircraft.


Advertisement