Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Maria Divine Mercy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

newmug wrote: »
    I dont know if I believe it. I am shocked by it though. As a Catholic, I believe other visionaries, who were denounced in their time also. But to me it seems like there's too many coincidences. And yes, I do believe there are secret evil groups infiltrating Catholicism, just look at all the paedophile rings that have been discovered - They're not acting very Catholically! But the Pope resigning, on the feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes no less (which is associated with papal predictions!), the bolt of lightning, its all very non-scammable.

You cant deny though that the stuff MDM is coming out with is either the real deal, or she's the flukiest scam artist in history!

Or MDM is just using probabilities, to create her predictions.

Even so the pope's resignation was unexpectedly, it was a high probability that it would happen one way or another.

If you look at what the pope said in the past about that a pope should resign if he is no longer capable, or that he was very reluctant to take on the office in the first place, it was not unlikely that he would resign at some stage. There is also the point that he witnessed Pope John Paul II last years and saw firsthand, how the church was paralyzed internally due to the him not being able to take full charge of his duties. A situation, I can't imagine him wanting to see repeated with him.

There was also always the possibility that he would get so sick that only medical technology would keep him alive (which couldn't be switched off under any circumstances), at which point (as I understand it), he would have resigned by a letter which he has written for such a case.

As to the lightning strike, I didn't see any statistics, but I could imagine it being a frequent occurrence during thunderstorms in Rome, with St. Peter's basilica being so high and probably having a good lightning rod.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Gumbi wrote: »
    Since when did lightning become magical?

Its not. But its impossible to scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Its not. But its impossible to scam.
    A lightning strike on the basilica was predicted on the day of Benedict's resignation?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Porkchop McGee

Were the previous lightning strikes, those which justified the erection of a lightning rod many, many years ago, also attacks of an angry god or simply random byproducts of atmospheric electrical activity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

A lightning strike on the basilica was predicted on the day of Benedict's resignation?

Well there was something of lightening strikes mentioned in Luke 10:18

Perhaps some could possibly see this as a forewarning of whats to come in the world.

• Advertisement

Well there was something of lightening strikes mentioned in Luke 10:18

Perhaps some could possibly see this as a forewarning of whats to come in the world.
    That has nothing to do with the events at hand. It's much too vague to make any kind of connection out of it.

In any case, as Porkchop has said, what makes this strike any different from all the others?

That has nothing to do with the events at hand. It's much too vague to make any kind of connection out of it.

In any case, as Porkchop has said, what makes this strike any different from all the others?

The timing.

The timing.
    Confirmation bias.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

The timing.

It's the tallest building in that part of Rome, and the dome is the world's tallest. It's also been struck by lighting on several occasions, which is what the lightning conductor is for. It isn't all that unusual.

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    It's the tallest building in that part of Rome, and the dome is the world's tallest. It's also been struck by lighting on several occasions, which is what the lightning conductor is for. It isn't all that unusual.

We will wait and see if this act of God is repeated on election of the next pope. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,841 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Benny_Cake wrote: »

Would I be right in assuming that rainstorms are common in Rome during February?

Meteorites making landfall in Russia? An asteroid just missing us? One of the predictions was that an asteroid would indeed skim by us, but that it would miss and travel on naturally and collide with the sun. When this happens, the resultant explosion will form a crucifix in the sky.

http://www.thewarningsecondcoming.com/two-comets-will-collide-my-cross-will-appear-in-a-red-sky/

Now if THAT happens, will you naysayers try to explain it away again, or will you admit that something freaky is going on?

Meteorites making landfall in Russia? An asteroid just missing us? One of the predictions was that an asteroid would indeed skim by us, but that it would miss and travel on naturally and collide with the sun. When this happens, the resultant explosion will form a crucifix in the sky.

http://www.thewarningsecondcoming.com/two-comets-will-collide-my-cross-will-appear-in-a-red-sky/

Now if THAT happens, will you naysayers try to explain it away again, or will you admit that something freaky is going on?

How was that a prediction? We have been aware of this happening for some time now.

I read the post. She doesn't have a clue what she's talking about. She implies that stars are comets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭totus tuus

I really don't believe that MDM is a true prophet, seriously!!

Emmet O'Regan:
    Just a few notes on Maria Divine Mercy - this alleged seer teaches the doctrine of millenarianism (i.e. a future period of a thousand years of peace), and that sins can be forgiven through prayer rather than the sacrament of confession. She also claims to be able to dispense plenary indulgences. She probably believes herself to be genuine, but fails to "test the spirits", as instructed by St. John:

http://unveilingtheapocalypse.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/is-worthy-shepherd-prophecy-about-to-be.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

How was that a prediction? We have been aware of this happening for some time now.

I think he's referring to "the resultant explosion will form a crucifix in the sky" not the asteroid passing.

I read the post. She doesn't have a clue what she's talking about. She implies that stars are comets.

So just tell me bluntly, yes or no - If an asteroid / comet / meteor / star collides with another asteroid / comet / meteor / star and a cross forms in the sky, will you consider the posibility that there might indeed be something supernatural going on with MDM's messages, or not.

So just tell me bluntly, yes or no - If an asteroid / comet / meteor / star collides with another asteroid / comet / meteor / star and a cross forms in the sky, will you consider the posibility that there might indeed be something supernatural going on with MDM's messages, or not.

Firstly, the "prediction" mentions stars and comets, seemingly treating them synonymously. This indicates a lack of basic knowledge on the part of MDM; hardly divine, it it?

As it stands, the description is somewhat vague, due to the aforementioned reasons. Now, if two objects were to collide in the sky, forming a bright red light, very clearly in the for of a cross, in a manner that might be considered unnatural, I would take a closer look at MDM's predictions. No more, no less. As it stands, this won't happen. She's made enough of a fool of herself already. Comets aren't stars. Stars aren't comets.

Firstly, the "prediction" mentions stars and comets, seemingly treating them synonymously. This indicates a lack of basic knowledge on the part of MDM; hardly divine, it it?

As it stands, the description is somewhat vague, due to the aforementioned reasons. Now, if two objects were to collide in the sky, forming a bright red light, very clearly in the for of a cross, in a manner that might be considered unnatural, I would take a closer look at MDM's predictions. No more, no less. As it stands, this won't happen. She's made enough of a fool of herself already. Comets aren't stars. Stars aren't comets.

The Sun is a star. That asteroid that clipped us this evening could well be classed as a comet if it left a tail. There are far more out there than that one.

So you would "take a closer look" if these things actually came to pass? Well good, I'm glad to hear it. I am at that stage now, earlier than you, based on the Pope resigning. Maybe its all bull, maybe its not. But its no harm, whatsoever, to keep an eye on these things.

The Sun is a star. That asteroid that clipped us this evening could well be classed as a comet if it left a tail. There are far more out there than that one.

So you would "take a closer look" if these things actually came to pass? Well good, I'm glad to hear it. I am at that stage now, earlier than you, based on the Pope resigning. Maybe its all bull, maybe its not. But its no harm, whatsoever, to keep an eye on these things.

Why? Nothing she has said thus far has been remotely "divine". Nothing more than vague claims have been mentioned, add a dab of confirmation bias, and we have divinity. No thanks.

Why? Nothing she has said thus far has been remotely "divine". Nothing more than vague claims have been mentioned, add a dab of confirmation bias, and we have divinity. No thanks.

What do you mean "why"? Are you an athiest or something? Because if you're not, you should be taking all these things very seriously. As a Catholic, it is part of my core belief that Jesus, a supernatural God, will come back to Earth one day, and judge everybody according to their behaviour in life. I dont particularly feel like ending up like that Tibetan monk in the "photos that shook the world" thread any time soon.

• Advertisement

The prophecy of two comets colliding and forming a cross in the sky comes form St. Faustina's Diary.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

:Dperhaps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭hames

As a Catholic I have to say that I am not particularly interested in the various apparitions down the years and I feel they are best left aside without forming any significant part of our faith, or at least the lessons that have emerged from them are best left aside. However, that is a personal matter for each of us.

But more importantly, we should be aware of any sinfulness attached to promoting apparitions which are not approved by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, such as this. We should not be encouraging it.

Meteorites are also mentioned numerous times in Revelation and Matthew 24 (A chapter which Christ spoke of the signs of the end of age.)

"And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent, and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail for the plague thereof was exceeding great". Revelation 16:21

"and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea". Revelation 8:8

."the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken". Matthew 24:29

Mark Mallet has just released an article in regards to MDM. Her 'prophesies' about to the Pope/Papacy are pretty much heretical, I couldn't agree with him more. If even one of her prophecies are heretical, then how can the rest of them be trusted?

http://www.markmallett.com/blog/2013/02/entering-perilous-times/

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

thats a very interesting read for sure my mr.mallet... am still on the fence on this but do tend to take MDVM seriously,,, if its wrong and not true well we've nothing to worry about and a lot to look forward to,,,, if not!:? then we need to be prepared and watch the signs of the times.

MDM, messages definately false, just as I suspected!

http://warningsecondcoming.blogspot.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Levito

I'm very skeptical about her too. All she's doing is conjuring up panic among the faithful, not like the work of the holy spirit to me. Not to mention the heresy. But damn, it's convincing, because there's so much truth in there.

In regards to this article: http://www.markmallett.com/blog/2013/02/entering-perilous-times/
    When I talked with him on the phone, he suddenly began to speak from deep within the heart: “The next pope is chosen by Mary, hidden beneath her mantle. He has been prepared by her since his childhood to be the one who will bring to fulfillment the message of Fatima and the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart. He will then give the sacrifice of his life. I don’t know why I’m saying this, I just know it in my heart….” I stopped him and asked if he was familiar at all with the above prophecy, since it is a mirror-image of what he said. He had never heard of it.

Assassination?

If I tell you it will rain at 2 o clock a month from now, and it does, does that mean I was telling the truth? Or does it mean I was lucky and that it was coincidence?

• Advertisement

totus tuus wrote: »
    Mark Mallet has just released an article in regards to MDM. Her 'prophesies' about to the Pope/Papacy are pretty much heretical, I couldn't agree with him more. If even one of her prophecies are heretical, then how can the rest of them be trusted?

http://www.markmallett.com/blog/2013/02/entering-perilous-times]

I have a theory. Bear with me on this:

In Mark Mallet's piece there, he says there's another prophesy, but this one says the opposite of what MDM is saying - it says that this Pope will be great, and that he will have Mary at his heart. So since these prophesies are seemingly at odds with each other, one or both of them must be false. They both cant be right.

Or can they?

Some versions of protestantism see the veneration of Mary as idolatry. I have to admit, it has crossed my fully Catholic mind at times that maybe they have a point! Mary is not God, and no Catholic says that she is, but she sure gets a lot of the limelight. What if the horned fella is using this to his advantage? Who does anybody trust and love more than their mother? What would the perfect disguise be for an imposter to gain access to the hearts of billions of Catholics worldwide? I love Mary and I hope I'm not blaspheming here, but what if the next Pope is indeed the AC, and he fools people with his outer facade of devotion to Mary?

Baggio1 wrote: »
    thats a very interesting read for sure my mr.mallet... am still on the fence on this but do tend to take MDVM seriously,,, if its wrong and not true well we've nothing to worry about and a lot to look forward to,,,, if not!:? then we need to be prepared and watch the signs of the times.

We'll know soon enough! Then again, it could all be pie in the sky. As someone pointed out, if you predict it will rain at a certain time and it does, does that mean your prediction was correct? Then again, it rains waaaaaaaaaaayyy more often than every 600 years!

Advertisement