Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Barcraft (Poll)

• 06-05-2012 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey guys,

We are looking to organise a Barcraft in Dublin in June. We don't know which event yet, but it will be held at Captain America's in Grafton Street. This poll is just to gauge interest and get an idea of numbers :)

Dublin Barcraft, would you go? 37 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 37 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i think koreans did 9/11

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Would love to be there,
    but I am usually out of the country for work 3 days a week so that limits my ability to make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭freepower

Defo keen, was at the last one. Be nice to see all you guys and the new Corkish chaps too. ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

sounds good, would be cool to meet new people who are interested in sc2

• Registered Users Posts: 5 paddy the lad

Yea I will go, still haven't met most of the irish ppls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 CorkBarcrafts

We've also made a Facebook home for Dublin Barcrafts. Like the page here for Dublin Barcraft updates and spam. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭SuperSean

So is this going to go ahead do you think ?

I'll prob go + 1 or 2 more :)

SuperSean wrote: »
    So is this going to go ahead do you think ?
    I guess timing is the problem, you want a SC2 tournament/event that streams at a decent time for Ireland. Anything West Coast US is too off-set. Afternoon/evening times suit a barcraft, but then availability of the venue is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 HeRoGreck

I would go, aspecially if in dublin, and even more if in city center ^^ ♥

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RimasOwns97

I want to go , but **** my life cuz im only 14 :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Khazidhea

MLG is coming up ...

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Can we not do an all night thing? or book captain americas for till about 2 or 3 or whenever it ends? I know captain americas was booked for a wrestlemania and stayed open till 5 in the morning. The interest seems to be here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the interest does seem to be there.. but the last time a dublin barcraft was held about 50 people from here, reddit/tl said they'd turn up and I think like.. 12 people did?

I dont know, I didnt bother going :)

the interest does seem to be there.. but the last time a dublin barcraft was held about 50 people from here, reddit/tl said they'd turn up and I think like.. 12 people did?

I dont know, I didnt bother going :)
    When was this event?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Itsmejosh

I believe dreamhack summer is from the 16-19 of June? I may be wrong but that's what it says. That maybe solves the time thing. I maybe not be able to go, still going to be doing my LC but any barcrafts after that I'll definitely go

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CorkBarcrafts

Hi Guys,

Just to give an update on where we are with Dublin Barcrafts. Both this thread and our new Facebook page are hovering around the 30s now, thanks mainly to boards.ie users, which is a really nice foundation to start having some Barcrafts with. However, due to delays in the organization of our own June Barcraft here in Cork we are unable to commit to a June Barcraft in Dublin too.

We're gonna buckle down now, target a good event and get Dublin Barcraft sorted so you guys can enjoy a Barcraft asap. We'll update ye when we can. glhf

Advertisement