Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Istigh sa Pheann Súgradh - An Tiarna na Fheithidí

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Get yer last few questions in now if you want them answered before this thread is closed! :)

I can see how somebody might come up with topics to write poems about when they have some particularly strong feelings on their mind. We all get inspiration when that happens. How do you get other kinds of inspiration though? For example, your 100th poem got me thinking about this.

Do you write anything other than poetry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Red or white?

Red stripes or white stripes?

Red wine or white wine?

Red (i.e. purple) grapes or white (i.e. green) grapes?

This post was brought to you by the colours red and white, and by the beverage wine. Could you tell?

Favourite Muppet Show character?

Favourite Man U player of all time?

Would it surprise you to know that I actually have a semi-casual interest in football and also support Utd? (Mostly 'cause of my sister but anyway....)

Have you ever led West Brom to the Old Division One title in Championship Manager? And then onto 4th in the Premier League? And then planned to mount a serious Championship challenge only for the demo game you got with your box of Cheerios to run out after two lousy seasons?.....Well.....HAVE YOU?

Once again, is it obvious that this line of questioning was brought to you by the consumption of wine?

Should I stop talking now? Forever?

M''okay.......

:(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

How do you get other kinds of inspiration though? For example, your 100th poem got me thinking about this.

Do you write anything other than poetry?

A lot of my poems were inspired by my friends, girlfriends and other acquaintances. Others are about sports. Some are about writing itself. And then there are others that are more meditative, trying to figure out my own thought processes. And sometimes I'll just think of a line or a phrase out of the blue, recognise the potential in it and write something special around it.

At the root of them all is an attempt to tell a story/paint a picture in words. Sometimes it's purely for my own benefit, like a kind of writing therapy. Sometimes I try to be more entertaining. And then there are a few that started out as exercises just to see what I could come up with when given a title or a topic to work with.

Poem #100, "Among My Souvenirs", was started during a creative writing workshop and inspired partly by a poem of the same title (but in a very different style) by the guest-poet on the day. The poems "Saturday" and "Conduiramour" started out as writing exercises as well.

I also keep a few blogs, one that's fairly widely read and another as Gaeilge that I should really update more often! I'd love to get back into short stories, but I have a nasty fear of being unoriginal that puts me off trying to write them.

Red or white?

Red stripes or white stripes?

Red wine or white wine?

Red (i.e. purple) grapes or white (i.e. green) grapes?

This post was brought to you by the colours red and white, and by the beverage wine. Could you tell?

Favourite Muppet Show character?

Favourite Man U player of all time?

Would it surprise you to know that I actually have a semi-casual interest in football and also support Utd? (Mostly 'cause of my sister but anyway....)

Have you ever led West Brom to the Old Division One title in Championship Manager? And then onto 4th in the Premier League? And then planned to mount a serious Championship challenge only for the demo game you got with your box of Cheerios to run out after two lousy seasons?.....Well.....HAVE YOU?

Once again, is it obvious that this line of questioning was brought to you by the consumption of wine?

Should I stop talking now? Forever?

M''okay.......

:(

Red.

White Stripes. This is the hardest button to button!

Red wine.

Red grapes.

I had a feeling!

Kermit's cool.

Schmeichel is my hero. Outfield? Cristiano Ronaldo. Yes, he really is that good.

A very mild surprise, but a pleasant one! :) We don't talk about sports enough on this forum, so I could never really have found that out before now.

Shocking statement #n: I have never played any of the Championship Manager games! I always got distracted with Pro Evo... >_>

Wine is good. In vino veritas. ;)

Nah, keep talking. Talking is good. Or typing, as I suppose would be more accurate in this case!

/collapses

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement