Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water fluoridation should be scrapped!

Options
  • 05-05-2012 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭

Fluoride, or Hydrofluorosilic acid that is put into tap water is a waste by-product derived from the industrial manufacture of aerosols, aluminium, fertilizers, insecticides, lubricants, pharmaceuticals, plastics, uranium and zinc.
    American toothpastes containing fluoride are by law obliged to state, '"WARNING: Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age. If you accidentally swallow more than used for brushing, seek professional help or contact a poison control center immediately."
    It is also a Part II Poison under the UK Poisons Act 1972 ranking in toxicity above lead and just below arsenic.
    Hitler used fluoride in the water to induce docility.

10 Facts about Fluoride: http://www.fluoridealert.org/fluoride-facts.htm
    50 Reasons to Oppose Fluoridation: http://www.fluoridealert.org/50-reasons.htm
    Adverse health effects of fluoride: http://www.FluorideAction.Net/health

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Do you think the Irish government should stop adding fluoride to tap water? 282 votes

No
    1% 4 votes
    Yes
    98% 278 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Godwinned with first word. I've actually never seen that before

Godwinned with first word. I've actually never seen that before

Hitler drank water! Ban water!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Hey you know what else is a base ingredient of Prozac?

Oxygen.

That's right folks, all those Innocent looking trees don't look so friendly now eh?

EDIT: I love how Op moved the word Hitler down the post a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

I would think that the dangers you are warning about are only if you take the chemicals straight and a lot of them. Where as if its mixed in with a reservoir of drinking water its very diluted.

Aren't they put into water to clean it and strengthen teeth or something?

*Too lazy to click links so probably completely wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

• Advertisement

I would think that the dangers you are warning about are only if you take the chemicals straight and a lot of them. Where as if its mixed in with a reservoir of drinking water its very diluted.

Aren't they put into water to clean it and strengthen teeth or something?

*Too lazy to click links so probably completely wrong

Fluoride prevents tooth decay.

Ban teeth!!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's super effective too. I don't know anyone that has ever had a filling

• Registered Users Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Worztron

Thats what toothpaste is for.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Free drugs piped right to your home

• Advertisement

It's super effective too. I don't know anyone that has ever had a filling

Did you know that some people have died in car crashes while wearing seatbelts?

Clearly this means seatbelts are useless and we should ban them.

Jaafa wrote: »
    Hey you know what else is a base ingredient of Prozac?

Oxygen.

That's right folks, all those Innocent looking trees don't look so friendly now eh?

Thats what the edit button is there for. Did you even read the articles?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Are we still Doing this?

Considering a good percentage of our water is pissed away through leaky pipes & the parts of the West of Ireland get brown sludge from their taps, is the flouride added having any effect at all?

How are we still adding this to our water supply on a regular basis but yet we can't get grit & salt for icy roads?

Does it take much to flouride in the system to have an effect?

Plus why do the vast majority of our population have teeth like broken urinals if this stuff is meant to be helping?

Jaafa wrote: »
    Worztron wrote: »
    Thats what the edit button is there for. Did you even read the articles?

:eek:

You took away my funnies :mad:

don't like you anymore now op

...but you've still start a thread godwinned in first post

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

people should have a choice as to whether they want their water flouridated or not,but it is a hard one to pull off

• Registered Users Posts: 28,144 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Are we still Doing this?

We sure are, my local water smells toxic, i'd say the water in Springfield tastes better, I'll don't mind paying for water but i'm not paying for the toxic shoite that smells like chemicals coming out of my tap.

Considering a good percentage of our water is pissed away through leaky pipes & the parts of the West of Ireland get brown sludge from their taps, is the flouride added having any effect at all?

Ban cryptosporidium!!!!!

Did you know that some people have died in car crashes while wearing seatbelts?

Clearly this means seatbelts are useless and we should ban them.

Look, as I said to you before, maybe you should just start brushing your teeth.

OP

This topic has been done recently:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78368347

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,444 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Damn those commies, impurifying our precious bodily fluids!

Pushtrak wrote: »

97%+ of European countries don't have water fluoridation.

97%+ of European countries don't have water fluoridation.
    I'm guessing you didn't watch the video I linked. I'm rewatching it as I hadn't seen it in ages. Anyway, go to 10:18 for myths associated with fluoridation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

There's a legitimate debate to be had about flouridation, but the OP is so full of lies and misleading crap that it's obvious that the OP is a lunatic, tinfoil hat-wearing nutjob, so this thread isn't the place to have it...

Suffice to say, toxicity is dose-dependent, so there's a difference between ingesting a tube of toothpaste, and a glass of flourinated water.

Sorry OP, but you're either scaremongering, or you've bought into someone else's scaremongering.

As for your articles, they all come from a site dedicated to the dangers of fluoridation. Hardly a scientific approach.

Sorry OP, but you're either scaremongering, or you've bought into someone else's scaremongering.

As for your articles, they all come from a site dedicated to the dangers of fluoridation. Hardly a scientific approach.

I am not scaremongering.

Why is water fluoridation used so little in the majority of developed countries?

Dave! wrote: »
    There's a legitimate debate to be had about flouridation, but the OP is so full of lies and misleading crap that it's obvious that the OP is a lunatic, tinfoil hat-wearing nutjob, so this thread isn't the place to have it...

Suffice to say, toxicity is dose-dependent, so there's a difference between ingesting a tube of toothpaste, and a glass of flourinated water.

I take offense to those insults! They must be letting any old Tom, Dick and Harry be a moderator these days.

I am not scaremongering.
    I'm assuming the best, that scaremongering isn't your intent. I will say though, you don't really have much credibility at the moment. It is like a young earth creationist citing answers in genesis. Do better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Ireland uses fluoride=Ireland lowest IQ in EU..

• Advertisement

I take offense to those insults! They must be letting any old Tom, Dick and Harry be a moderator these days.

Nah, he's right about making claims regarding the health effects of fluoride. It totally weakens the argument for discontinuing the process.

It's been done here for 60 years.. Do you know a single person who has had any illness which was linked to fluoride?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement