Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Gear] Ant+ HR straps

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,511 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

You could try here, but it's the standard Garmin premium strap, which may not be what you are looking for.
    Are there any 3rd party HR straps that work with Garmin?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

You could try here, but it's the standard Garmin premium strap, which may not be what you are looking for.
    Are there any 3rd party HR straps that work with Garmin?

Avoiding the soft Garmin one, as I have yet to have one that works properly. In theory any ant+ strap should work, I see Timex have one but I don't know if it is any less prone to spikes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭griffin100

mloc123 wrote: »
    Avoiding the soft Garmin one, as I have yet to have one that works properly. In theory any ant+ strap should work, I see Timex have one but I don't know if it is any less prone to spikes

sorry to hijack the thread but can I buy a soft Garmin strap without the HRM unit anywhere - my strap has strapped and its a bit of a gamble using safety pins to keep it together when running :)

You can, you can also use a polar strap which is meant to have less static issues.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/polar-spare-elastic-strap-wearlink/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

mloc123 wrote: »
    You can, you can also use a polar strap which is meant to have less static issues.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/polar-spare-elastic-strap-wearlink/

It does have less static, its not perfect but its useable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

[HIJACK] Guys I often read here that Garmin HR is crap. How do you know? What do you compare it too?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

[HIJACK] Guys I often read here that Garmin HR is crap. How do you know? What do you compare it too?

From the obvious to the less obvious

1) A healthy heart does not go from 140bpm to 220bpm for no added effort, and back again, many times in a short period
    2) Heart doesn't jump 10 bpm up or down for no reason
    3) You start to get more sutble here and you need to either known your bpm to rpe or wear a polar strap at the same time - HRs off by 4-10bpm for no reason.

All in all Garmins are sh1te. unfortunately there is little choice for a heart rate monitor that does speed and distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

tunney wrote: »
    From the obvious to the less obvious

1) A healthy heart does not go from 140bpm to 220bpm for no added effort, and back again, many times in a short period
    2) Heart doesn't jump 10 bpm up or down for no reason
    3) You start to get more sutble here and you need to either known your bpm to rpe or wear a polar strap at the same time - HRs off by 4-10bpm for no reason.

All in all Garmins are sh1te. unfortunately there is little choice for a heart rate monitor that does speed and distance.

Hadn't really noticed this much before but lately its been brutal, especially on easier steady paced runs, HR all over the shop, really poor by garmin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I am sort of glad i lost my garmin hrm since Barca as the inaccuracies had my head wrecked. I am finding running by feel much better since. At this stage i know what easy, steady and hard feels like without having to look at a watch.

I am sort of glad i lost my garmin hrm since Barca as the inaccuracies had my head wrecked. I am finding running by feel much better since. At this stage i know what easy, steady and hard feels like without having to look at a watch.

I still wear my garmin one but don't let it rule me these days, like yourself I know what easy, steady and hard feels like. I would spend alot of time in the past trying to keep my HR down in easy zone at the expense of form, even tho RPE felt easy all along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Im looking at HR less and less alright. Have also switched to using the polar strap and garmin premium device. Its not perfect but better. If i wet my chest and strap before using it its generally ok

Advertisement