Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Walker WP645TS-HD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,090 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Im having a problem tuning in any of the FTA (Eutelsat 28.2) on this box. I have the saorview working, but just cannot get the satellite part working.

I have downgraded the software to 3.8 (from 4.0), but its just not finding anything when scanning.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Have you got it on Astra2/eutelsat 28A [28.2e]

• Registered Users Posts: 41 coopershels

Hey,

Cant find this info anywhere, does anyone know how to set up diseqc on this receiver. In the manual it tells you that diseqc option comes up on manual scan but not on mine. I was thinking maybe it needs to be set up first.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

... does anyone know how to set up diseqc on this receiver. In the manual it tells you that diseqc option comes up on manual scan but not on mine. I was thinking maybe it needs to be set up first.

It has to be set in 'First Time Installation', under 'Antenna Type' or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bigfluffycloud

Eh is there just the one favourites list on the Walker WP645TS-HD or am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 bakatono

Hi, I bought 1 of these boxes before xmas in power city. It kept freezing & hanging intermittently when in the 7 day epg, satfree mode, or when
    just changing channels. I had been using a walker wp95sat hd satellite box & wp6500ttr soarview box & wanted to only have 1 unit so I wanted to try the combo.

Never had any problems with my old set up, it worked well. I brought the wp645 back & they gave me another one which worked slightly better but was still doing the same thing. So back I went to power city for a refund. They told me they would have to check it first so we plugged it in in the shop, connected a feed & antenna for the soarview. Do you think I could get it to freeze/hang...no. It seemed to work perfectly. The guy said
    maybe my signal was low & the dish might need re-aligning. Told him I doubt it, never had any issues with my old box, but I said i'd check it anyway.

I brought it into work where we have a pro installed satellite system & tried it there, signal a lot better than my home setup but guess what, it started freezing/hanging.

Not sure what to do next. It has the latest firmware, v4.0. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Would it be worth flashing the firmware?
    There is a firmware download on the Walker website but doesn't say what version.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 harrington_cit

I have given up on the SatFree part of this box completely. Found it a complete waist of time. Anything I tried will not work. The 7day Epg would be great but now I just live with the Satellite and terrestrial modes. It's perfect for these modes. Don't buy this box if you want the SatFRee 7day EPG. I am also using version 4 firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 coopershels

It is strange how this box works for people, the satfree portion of this box works perfect for me. I never have an issue with it and it never freezes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 harrington_cit

It is strange how this box works for people, the satfree portion of this box works perfect for me. I never have an issue with it and it never freezes.

That is strange alright. Must be some kind of hardware related issue. I have always found satfree completely unusable on mine with every version of firmware I put on it.. Don't have satfree channels tuned in on my box anymore. Given up on ever getting it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

I found if you only install one either satellite or satfree it works fine
    I have mine on satfree only and it works fine now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Hi guys,

I have one of these boxes attached to an old non-Saorview TV and am currently using it (The Walker box) with a rabbit ears indoor aerial (I know, I know ...not great setup, but its temporary). I use the Terrestrial Automatic scan to tune in the channels .. But it cannot seem to tune in RTE1 or UTV Ireland...all other Irish Saorview channels are fine.

Any ideas ?

I used to previously have RTE1, but lost it when RTE made some changes there about a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

you've answered your own question. Rabbits ears are for VHF and not reliable. An outdoor aerial is far better even if fitted in an attic.
    EDIT: If you really want to stick with the rabbits ears try it as near a window as possible, preferably on the side of the house nearest the Saorview transmitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Antenna wrote: »
    Pressing the INFO button once shows the Now/Next etc info at the bottom of the screen, a second press of INFO then should show the current programme's details also,
    but ever since the V3.8 "update" this fails to work and comes up blank in terrestrial, still works OK in satellite.
    Its still possible to see Terrestrial programme details by going into EPG mode and accessing it there
    - but that is more awkward and takes longer than simply pressing the INFO button twice (and a third press exits out of info)
    see Pictures of Terrestrial and Satellite with a double press of Info :
    300969.jpg
    300970.jpg

Sorry for digging up old post.
    I think this could be something to do with the saorview/saorsat broadcast,
    I use the walker combo for Saorsat which also shows no information as above.
    The info works perfect in terestrial with Freeview from Wales.
    Software 3.8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Hi

Anyone got these boxes working with triax tri link?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭Thurston?

glineli wrote: »
    Anyone got these boxes working with triax tri link?

There's no reason they wouldn't work with the Tri-Link. Are you having problems yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Thurston? wrote: »
    There's no reason they wouldn't work with the Tri-Link. Are you having problems yourself?

No just looking at getting one of them, seeing as it has the SatFree mode.

I have the ariva 250 box, which is better?

Have noticed that the combo upgraded to 4.0 software over night, no change to either the satellite (Saorsat) or terrestrial (Freeview) lists.

Just wondering with the 4.0 software is the recording reliability any better?

With 3.8 I was missing some recordings, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I've been using 3.8 for a good while, and although it's mostly reliable (very occasional crashes) the recording functionality is pretty useless - it often doesn't record at all, or does not stop recording after it starts and fills up the disk. This is on SatFree.

Anyone have any better luck with the new firmware? I don't leave it on overnight so did not get the update.

I have set a couple of recordings for the next couple of day, will see how it works and let you know.

I'm not using the freesat mode, just satellite and terrestrial as I don't use the dish for 28e

In the past recordings have been hit and miss.

I downgraded from v4.0 to v2.9 but v2.9 is only now/next on the sat side. I want to go back to v.40. Anyone know any sites I can download it from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

bakatono wrote: »
    I downgraded from v4.0 to v2.9 but v2.9 is only now/next on the sat side. I want to go back to v.40. Anyone know any sites I can download it from?

Havent found 4. online yet ....upgrade to 3.8 and you will get the freesat guide back

I upgraded mine to 4.0 by checking for an update in the menus. It downloaded it over the air from the Saorview SSU channel.

Karsini, it seems it was only available on the Saorview SSU until the 2nd feb. Was it just a matter of upgrading through the menus? Did it
    upgrade automatically?

bakatono wrote: »
    Karsini, it seems it was only available on the Saorview SSU until the 2nd feb. Was it just a matter of upgrading through the menus? Did it
    upgrade automatically?

Ah damn it! Give it a try anyway, maybe it's still on there if nothing else is using it. I updated mine manually through the menus a few months ago. As it's a secondary box (my primary is a Humax HDR-1000S), I don't have it plugged in all the time so it wouldn't have been able to update automatically.

Failing that, you can download 3.8 from tvtrade.ie. The only difference I know of is that the programme info banner doesn't work on Saorview in 3.8, but I have a feeling that 4.0 might be slightly quicker.

Karsini, I did try to upgrade yesterday but was getting the following message:

Search has been cancelled! Because your installed satellite list does not include below transponder(s):

Eutelsat Ka-sat 9a (9.0E) 20185/L/25000(default)

You should either reinstall system or define new transponder for OAD.

Did you have to change any settings before you could upgrade or did you just use default?

V3.8 seems to work ok if you only scan for 1 satellite mode i.e. satellite or satfree. If you try both the whole thing seems to lock up intermittently. Also recording does not work well with v3.8.

Hmm, are you tuned into a satellite channel perhaps? Try it when tuned to a Saorview channel.

Doh, Yes I was not tuned into a Saorview Channel. I'll give it a try tomorrow & let you know how I get on.

Thank You.

Thanks Karsini, I did what you suggested & it worked. Should have kopped it that I needed to be on saorview to upgrade. Back to V4.0 now.
    Still not happy with this box though, doesn't do what its supposed to do. Does work a bit better when only 1 of the sat modes is tuned in, less
    freezing/lockups in the epg.

I hope walker come up with an updated firmware to resolve the issue.

Thanks Again.

Still finding recordings hit and miss.

For example if recording a 30 minute programme on RTE 2 HD, I'm only getting a recording of approx 6 minutes.

Sometimes nothing records.

I'm using a 16gb USB.

Just wondering if I bought an external hard drive, would it work Correctly?

Also with the new 4.0 software, still no info on the onscreen information bar on Saorsat channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

1 hour of HD uses about 4GB of storage. 16GB would soon fill up.

Advertisement