Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough Key Triathlon

Options
  • 02-05-2012 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Entries open today for Lough Key Triathlon. The event is taking place on the 9th of September. Great race that sells out every year.

Entries are through the TI website this year, just follow the link.

https://www.triathlonireland-newserver.com/local-races.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Cracking race and venue. It's a shame it's on the same weekend as Loughrea. I was hoping to do both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Agreed with PG. Fantastic race. Actually have a free entry for this (AG podium last year :cool:) but won't be able to race as I'm out of the country. Will definitely race here again in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

+1 to the above comments, a great swim with fantasic back drop and challenging enough bike course with a lovely woodland run. Love to do this sometime again but it doesn't fit in with the plans this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ladytri

I know, the Triathlon Ireland calendar is getting ridiculously busy! There was a lot of to-ing and fro-ing with dates this year to try not clash with other events but most specifically Ironman 70.3 which a few club members are doing.

New race committee this year and they've been amazing so far so no doubt it'll be a super event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I might do this.

Its at the start of my 3 weeks holidays so a good way to start them off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭fletch

Think I'll sign up to this too...my family have a holiday home just off the route so I know the roads/forest park well.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭too much trifle

great race,
    have done it 3 times now, as said it clashes with lough rea,
    the kids are old enough and want to race now so, its of to galway for me, as they do junior race as well,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

Agreed with PG. Fantastic race. Actually have a free entry for this (AG podium last year :cool:) but won't be able to race as I'm out of the country. Will definitely race here again in the future.

If you feel like passing your entry to a clubmate, then feel free to do so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

If you feel like passing your entry to a clubmate, then feel free to do so :D

If the race organisers allow it you're more than welcome to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Loughrea for me as well although I loved Lough Key the year I did it, however while I realise Ladytri how the dates are so difficult to not clash with other events, its seems crazy that the two biggest sprint events in Connacht are on at the same time. Its not like we have an abundance of them over this side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ladytri

Agree with you catweazel - Lough Key is normally the week before Loughrea, Loughrea used to be our club final race of the season. BUT new committee, new dates...(I'm retired)

BetterThanHoyte & NeedsTraining - contact the organisers, I'm sure they wouldn't mind doing a transfer if you give them enough notice. loughkeytriclub@gmail.com

Too much trifle - think they take jnrs too if they're over 16... just double check.

This isn't a National Series Race this year by the way. Again because of dates clashing and to allow the new organisers to settle in.

Advertisement