Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triathlon Races in Spain - Drafting??

Options
  • 25-04-2012 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

Are triathlons in Spain generally draft legal? Thinking of doing a sprint there in may and from youtube videos of last years race it looks like draft legal. Anyone any experience of races over there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Gringo78 wrote: »
    Are triathlons in Spain generally draft legal? Thinking of doing a sprint there in may and from youtube videos of last years race it looks like draft legal. Anyone any experience of races over there?

Yes. I work with a Spanish guy that races, he said 99% of sprint and oly races are draft legal, longer races are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

mloc123 wrote: »
    Yes. I work with a Spanish guy that races, he said 99% of sprint and oly races are draft legal, longer races are not.

Does this mean TT bikes are not allowed?

Does this mean TT bikes are not allowed?

TT bikes are not ruled out for draft legal but... Bars must be bridged and not extend beyond the hoods... Which essentially rules them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Thanks for that. Theres a sprint for €23 in the town I'm holidaying in so will sign up for that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

TT bikes are not ruled out for draft legal but... Bars must be bridged and not extend beyond the hoods... Which essentially rules them out.

TT bikes generally don't have hoods..............

• Advertisement

tunney wrote: »
    TT bikes generally don't have hoods..............

Indeed, but afaik there isn't a "No TT bikes" rule as such fro draft legal races? You could in theory swap out your frontend for a set of drops...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

or you could fit hoods in front of your tt bike with tape ...
    and you are good to go ;-) ;-)

4217111065_33e35aaaf5_o.jpg

Tri bike with hoods ;)

Advertisement