Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Headlight Bulbs for Peugeot 407 D

Options
  • 17-04-2012 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

HI

I got a fault warning on my Peugeot 407 05 1.6 Diesel a week ago. One of the dimmer lights stopped working.

I assumed that it was just the bulb needed replacing but last night on way home the 2 nd one went and left me with only my full beams (Sorry to anyone driving in the meath area that got blinded:) )

My question is

Is it probably just the bulbs need replacing or is it wiring/electrical problem due to the message coming up on my dash.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Replace the bulbs and see. If one goes it's usually the case that the other isn't that far behind.

As an aside, and nothing personal, but a week driving with a car that isnt roadworthy is inexcusable. It's not that difficult to get a bulb changed. Even if it is an awkward job on some cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 setanta1976

Replace the bulbs and see. If one goes it's usually the case that the other isn't that far behind.

As an aside, and nothing personal, but a week driving with a car that isnt roadworthy is inexcusable. It's not that difficult to get a bulb changed. Even if it is an awkward job on some cars.

Yeah I know - meant to get it done but I'm not driving in the dark these days so kinda put it on the long finger- I'm normally home by 6.30 - just got caught up at work yesterday.

Any idea of roughly how much bulbs cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Go to Aldi and you can get a set for under a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Use good quality bulbs otherwise you'll be fitting bulbs every few weeks...its always best to replace both bulbs at the same time.
    If you had no dipped beams you should have used the fog lamps instead of the main beams.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sorry if I will sound like a dick, but how on earth can you justify driving with no lights for a week. I know you said you drove only day time, but damn, what if family member will call you and say they got In to accsident or need your urgent help. What would be your answer? Sorry love, I can't - no lights, I'll come over with the first beams of light, when sun starts to rise...

Dont motorist have a spare bulb light in glove box? Almost all petrol stations stock bulbs too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 setanta1976

Sorry if I will sound like a dick, but how on earth can you justify driving with no lights for a week. I know you said you drove only day time, but damn, what if family member will call you and say they got In to accsident or need your urgent help. What would be your answer? Sorry love, I can't - no lights, I'll come over with the first beams of light, when sun starts to rise...

Dont motorist have a spare bulb light in glove box? Almost all petrol stations stock bulbs too.

I have another car so i'd just use that for a nightime emergency or if knew i was going to be late - just a once off i was driving last night..i didn't do it on purpose - no offence taken but have you ever just put something off??

anyway getting it sorted tomorrow so if there are any night time emergencies i can spring into action at a moments notice.:)

Advertisement