Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Fit

Options
  • 13-04-2012 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭

I know a few on here rate Fernando Fuentes as the best there is in bike fitting in Ireland (until he moved back to Spain!), I certainly rate him very highly too. Well he is back next Friday and Saturday for fittings if anybody is interested. I think he will be based at Base2Race.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I know a few on here rate Fernando Fuentes as the best there is in bike fitting in Ireland (until he moved back to Spain!), I certainly rate him very highly too. Well he is back next Friday and Saturday for fittings if anybody is interested. I think he will be based at Base2Race.

Should you not be looking at some shop window or in a coffee shop sampling the local delights:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Up early for my run and patiently waiting for lazy bones :D I've enough window shopping for a while now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

careful, you in a pair of calf guards and running shorts trotting through the wrong area would, Im sure, meet someones requirements for eye candy El D - I guess each to their own and you can justify the means when purchasing a new set of race wheels.

<aside>Id imagine it'd be necessary to check with Fernando regarding appointments for a bike fit although I suspected B2R would be delighted with lots of people with cash in their pockets hanging about the shop on a saturday ;)</aside>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

I might be wrong but I think iam still the bike fitter of the fastest female and male Ironman bike splits by irish athletes , Elite world champ participantand about 8 world and european champ medals ;-)
    Whats the difference between best and most successful.

But he is the one I would go for a bike fit for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

peter kern wrote: »
    I might be wrong but I think iam still the bike fitter of the fastest female and male Ironman bike splits by irish athletes , Elite world champ participantand about 8 world and european champ medals ;-)
    Whats the difference between best and most successful.

But he is the one I would go for a bike fit for myself.

You don't sell yourself short Peter ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

just checked with him there, it's actually amphibian king in Bray. I contacted him through Facebook for an appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭griffin100

Fernando fitted me for my first TT bike and I ended up having to have a serious refit done a few months later when my hip ended up in agony when training for my first IM. He did tell me I had an ideal TT arm-leg-body length ratio though, whatever that means.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

just checked with him there, it's actually amphibian king in Bray. I contacted him through Facebook for an appointment.

He used to be set up in the little room at the front of the shop before he moved to Spain.

Advertisement