Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help get someone new into the sport

Options
  • 12-04-2012 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Triathy are running a comp to get 5 people who have never done a triathlon before and get them to the start line of the try a tri on the June bank hoilday weekend.

Its ideal for someone who has just done their 1st 5k or the like. For instance Gary Kirwan who only over a year ago weighed 40 stone and completed DCM in 10 hrs will be doing it.

All the information is in the link and if you could think of anyone and pass it on to them it would be great.

http://www.triathy.ie/index.php/6-weeks-to-try/about

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Triathy are running a comp to get 5 people who have never done a triathlon before and get them to the start line of the try a tri on the June bank hoilday weekend.

Its ideal for someone who has just done their 1st 5k or the like. For instance Gary Kirwan who only over a year ago weighed 40 stone and completed DCM in 10 hrs will be doing it.

All the information is in the link and if you could think of anyone and pass it on to them it would be great.

http://www.triathy.ie/index.php/6-weeks-to-try/about

6 weeks to get ready for a tri - fits GKs preparation mo

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Hey Elvis,

If you want to put a link to this on the tLL running thread, go ahead. I'm sure you might find some interest there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

tunney wrote: »
    6 weeks to get ready for a tri - fits GKs preparation mo

I was going to put your name down tunney, but after reflecting on it i think just a little more than you could handle;)

On a rant, i can't believe he got a medal for DCM when he finished outside the official time allowed:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭eoglyn

On a rant, i can't believe he got a medal for DCM when he finished outside the official time allowed:mad:

Actual LOL - can you imagine the outrage on the Ray D'Arcy show the next day if some faceless bureaucrat had refused him a medal.

Would have been priceless

eoglyn wrote: »
    Actual LOL - can you imagine the outrage on the Ray D'Arcy show the next day if some faceless bureaucrat had refused him a medal.

Would have been priceless

Oh and i bet he got a t shirt that fitted, i was told sorry only small left.........eh the ones finishing that late aren't nomally "small":rolleyes::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

40stone? how do you get to 40stone?

I see he is 28stone now, can you get a wetsuit that size?

mloc123 wrote: »
    40stone? how do you get to 40stone?

I see he is 28stone now, can you get a wetsuit that size?

Well it makes be feel a lot better about gettting one for someone 15.5 stone:D

Advertisement