Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Medical Center to Start Charging

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭roro1neil0

freyners wrote: »
    we are anonymous anti-soc, we are legion:rolleyes:

you should google the stuff you attempt to quote and find the true origin of that phrase. some people in ul so are so blissfully ignorant and uncouth

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cadroc

Those people revealed that there was some 'wiggle room' in how the charges would be levied and some brilliant suggestions came from those 'moaning students'. She also took notes on what we argued strongly against. Also she said that the way things would work is that it would be like a library fine, where it goes on your account and you can't graduate until you pay it. It would not be payable directly there but online. Therefore if you were low on money one week you didn't have to pay for it then and there. Did any of this get revealed at your anti-soc meeting?

If anti soc hadn't been created we wouldn't be having this conversation? So is anti soc claiming to have introduced these fees? Or is it claiming to be the reason behind my involvement?

Bigger agendas than one of the most pressing matters that has faced students in 3 years? Please, do inform us unenlightened.

As for the inferring of the wrong impression, I'm fairly sure that it is partly your fault as a public spokesperson for the anti soc. You are personally responsible for the majority of this impression.

Yer meeting may have been 'better attended' if it actually took place, but it was a lot less beneficial as ye can do nothing about it. Also, during the meeting it was revealed how some of our Sabbats were threatened by a member of staff to agree with the fees, but that is not my place to reveal which sabbats and which member of staff.

@Reunion, you asked about wanting to find out about how the union released the information. I can answer some of it from what was said.

Kelly was asked not to reveal it until the staff of the MC had been told. The other Sabbats were not aware of the price list. Why Kelly didn't inform the Sabbats isn't known as Kelly was the only Sabbat not in attendance.

Personally I would like an explanation for this. Derek, if you read this could you fill us in on that side of things?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,298 ✭✭✭freyners

roro1neil0 wrote: »
    you should google the stuff you attempt to quote and find the true origin of that phrase. some people in ul so are so blissfully ignorant and uncouth

:rolleyes:

ninty9er wrote: »
    Calm down everyone. The SU is doing just fine. Despite the best efforts of those here with an audience of a couple of hundred.

Students are still calling in, students are still getting the services and support they need and most importantly they're still able to speak any sabbatical officer should they wish to.

Sheesh:rolleyes:

This is it. I am quoting this for posterity. With one or two sentences derek daly dismisses the criticism from the entire informed student population. No, no, no he says, no problem here. We're all working our little socks off for you guys.

What an absolute joke. What a disgrace. SU president categorically denies there are any problems in the SU despite the fact it is in financial ruin. It has been in financial ruin for a number of years but it took Derek Daly being caught with his hands in the C&S cookie jar for the extent of it to be made public to the students.

Next, every single thing that comes out of the sabbatical teams 'mouths' on facebook casts disparaging shadows on the SU. With one wanting to be the personification of the Kony movement, to another wanting to sling he colleague up, to another humiliating and attacking an innocent student, to another's deathly silence on welfare issues. All of this is going on and the president is patting everyone on boards on the head telling them not to worry it doesn't concern them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Anti Soc? Really?

You'd think if these "200" felt so strongly about how the union this year some of them would have ran in the SU election

• Advertisement

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Anti Soc? Really?

You'd think if these "200" felt so strongly about how the union this year some of them would have ran in the SU election

Those 200 people don't actually give a flying... They are more concerned with complaining than they are with making a difference.

Anti Soc? Really?

next year mate next year. we're going to take all three positions, have three candidates lined up

next year mate next year. we're going to take all three positions, have three candidates lined up

I'm going to attempt to make sure that doesn't happen. One group in charge of the whole union results in stagnation.

you seem to be all talk, anything to back up those assertions, what are you going to do to prevent us winning ? are you going to run yourself? campaign for someone else? even if they're the inferior candidate? no need to be sour

you seem to be all talk, anything to back up those assertions

The irony of this statement has made my sides ache :rolleyes: Roro, stop doing things like that or I might actually wet myself from laughing at you too much.

I don't think I'll reveal what I'm talking about at this time though. I'll let you ponder it.

• Advertisement

you're probably won't even be in ul next year

you're probably won't even be in ul next year

Fishing for information to find out whether I'm a fourth year/post grad or younger... Shan't be divulging that my dear Roro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭UL_heart_throb

Wo you've nothing to back up any of your assertions? You're just throwing stuff out there and hoping we'll take the bait. you're a novice kid, a novice.

you don't exist for me you're just a random boards users using a fake boards account probably a cambridge clone or a sid justice clone, you're not relevant to this issue (medical centre) or the future (elections).

enjoy your trolling

i want to hear what real people not hiding behind user names have to say

so you've nothing to back up any of your assertions? You're just throwing stuff out there and hope i'll take the bait. you're a novice kid, a novice.

you don't exist for me you're just a random boards users using a fake boards account, you're not relevant to this issue (medical centre) or the future (elections).

enjoy your trolling

And in one move Roro shows he has at least one alternate account? Excellent!

I don't think I've to prove who I am, or what I plan to do to you. Suffice it to say that if you'd come to the Forum I would have been in the room with you. Then perhaps you'd have an idea as to who I am. Unfortunately though you and your other alternate accounts didn't bother. Also I'm still waiting for you to figure out who I am like you claimed to be able to do. I would love to have a good discussion with you in person to find out what exactly it is you are doing.

i am not behind that post, and am confident the moderators will see that

if you want to have a face to face conversation with me give me a time and place and don't be late i will spare 15 minutes if you want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭UL_heart_throb

do you want to meet me or roro1?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭savagecabbages

Anti Soc? Really?

Well John Cambridge was def running, but must have forgot to put his name on the ballot with all the new boards accounts he was creating...

well i was part of cambridge's campaign team. it was just the wrong timing, we didn't have a big enough team or enough time to get the campaign going strong enough. he won't be running next year (or ever) but we've taken a few kids under our wing and will be grooming future presidents and welfare officers. we are pretty excited about the current crop of officers elect and have every confidence it will be a good year. I think anyway that adam and cathal will be 100% genuine in their efforts and i'm sure rockett will give more of the same this year. not familiar with the psu guy but doen't really matter because it's a token office

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

This thread has gone completely off the deep end.

If I get enough requests to open it again I'll consider it, but this has little if anything to do with student medical services.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement