Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st tri

Options
  • 10-04-2012 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi Boardies,

Doing 1st tri Saturday week in Laois, just clearing something up.

Can I just wear just tri shorts in the swimming pool and go into the transition area like that for the transition??

I'm paranoid that something that small is going to screw up my race.

I don't want to get DQ'd from my first triathlon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭griffin100

Yes you can. Nudity results in a DQ (allegedly) and the torso must be covered on the bike and run IIRC but shorts in the pool and the run to T1 is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭gorgo

right thats fine cheers.

Is there any other simple things to watch out 4 that result in penalty or DQ??

I know of drafting, taking bike before helmet is on in T1 and taking helmet off before bike is racked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭griffin100

Opening your helmet strap before you rack the bike - I've seen experienced guys do this by mistake.

Taking your bike off the rack before your helmet is fastened

Mounting the bike before the mount line.

Dismounting the bike after the dismount line.

Abusing marshals

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Crossing the white line (midpoint) in a race on open roads.

In some races wearing your number or compression gear under your wetsuit can get you DQd. (doesnt apply to Laois :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Oryx wrote: »
    In some races wearing your number or compression gear under your wetsuit can get you DQd. (doesnt apply to Laois :) )

I've seen the rule on the race numbers, didn't know about the compression gear one! I know compression socks are not allowed as you can't have covered feet in the swim, but didn't know about other compression gear (presuming you are referring to calf, quad, leg, tops etc).

ps Enjoy your first race gorgo!! Have a ball.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Oryx wrote: »
    Crossing the white line (midpoint) in a race on open roads.

Of course as we don't have wetsuits;)

gorgo wrote: »
    Hi Boardies,

Doing 1st tri Saturday week in Laois, just clearing something up.

Can I just wear just tri shorts in the swimming pool and go into the transition area like that for the transition??

I'm paranoid that something that small is going to screw up my race.

I don't want to get DQ'd from my first triathlon.

To avoid a DQ i'd slip 50 quid the fella on the mic;)

Anyway its a race that invites 1st timers and the only things i seen really pulled on are nudity and headphones on the run.

One guy tried to have a full blown row with the marshall when he was told to take off the headphones.

I threw up a link to the race brief race thread here so all the info is there and you can pm me if you need anything else.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I've seen the rule on the race numbers, didn't know about the compression gear one! I know compression socks are not allowed as you can't have covered feet in the swim, but didn't know about other compression gear (presuming you are referring to calf, quad, leg, tops etc).

Came across this in Antwerp. They were going through transition before the swim warning people to remove armwarmers and compression leggings.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭gorgo

To avoid a DQ i'd slip 50 quid the fella on the mic;)

I threw up a link to the race brief race thread here so all the info is there and you can pm me if you need anything else.

Cheers, but where would 100 quid get me in regards finishing position:D

Cheers for that.

All, thanks for the pointers as it will all help in this 1st Tri going that bit smoother!

gorgo wrote: »
    Cheers, but where would 100 quid get me in regards finishing position:D

Cheers for that.

All, thanks for the pointers as it will all help in this 1st Tri going that bit smoother!

No idea but it would but my new cycle shoes;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement