Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Device to Buy?

Options
  • 06-04-2012 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi Guys,

looking for some help here on what device to buy for triathlon?

Looked at garmin Edge 500 but that seems to be mainly for the bike any recommendations for one that will do all three events?

Thanks,
    JD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Garmin 310 or 910.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Dutchie

310xt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Currently have a 310xt myself and great watch.

If buying now it'd have to be a 910xt which tracks indoor swims also and is smaller.
    Some reported issues but updates will iron them out if you have any.

check out www.dcrainmaker.com for quality reviews and about a million pics :D

Not sure price difference between the 2 at the moment... That may decide your choice also as both track outdoor swims, bikes (indoor and outdoor) and runs (indoor and outdoor with footpod present).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I have the 910 and love it. Great for the pool.

At a lower entry point, the 305 is a great watch for the bike and run. Granted you can't use it for swimming but if you're on a tight budget it;s a great watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭ray o

If I was starting out and had the €400/500 to shell out it would have to be the 910. I have the 310xt and it has been a great tool and never given me any trouble.

I'm no lookin to upgrade to the 910 so if anyone is interested I haven't yet got round to it but I am looking to sell my 310xt :D. Comes with quick release kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Also selling my 310xt with quick release kit if any interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Johndoe64

Thnaks for the advice guys. Where is the best place to buy either of these any deals on at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭ray o

Also selling my 310xt with quick release kit if any interest.

We will have a race to the bottom :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Johndoe64

so what does a second hand high mileage 310xt go for????????

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bludub

Ive no idea how much a second hand 310xt would cost but I would be interested in buying one - anyone know good place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I've got the Timex Global Trainer. I read all the reviews before deciding on it over the Garmins and I'm happy with it so far. Comes with a bike mount too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I hope to get a 910 in the next while. I have a 305 at the moment and i'll sell that to help fund it:)

Advertisement