Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to London for Music

Options
  • 02-04-2012 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hello,

I am planning on moving to London for work and am hoping to get a job in or around that area. I am also very interested in playing many open mic nights and doing as many gigs as possible during the time I am there. I feel it would be a great experience and hope to possibly get my name out too.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for places to do gigs or what to expect?

Know any places in England which I consider going to?

Recommendations?

Would be great if someone could give me an insight to what its like to be a musician trying to get gigs over there.

Btw I am a solo act I play acoustic guitar and sing and use some extra equipment like a loop station to help create a fuller, bigger sound.

Any input appreciated, cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Moved to Bands & Musicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭eoin1981

http://www.pluggedinswitchedon.com/ is well worth playing.

beauty of london is there are open mics on everywhere all the time so you won't have trouble finding them. of course quality varies - sound, audience, location. did loads of different nights over there but the above one was the best.

good luck

Advertisement