Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to check if someone has completed a IM length race ?

Options
  • 02-04-2012 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭

Is there a way in checking this. There is this trainer guy at work that says he is an "Ironman". I'd say more than likely a 1/2. Would love to find out for sure. Sorry if I am asking this in the wrong place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Ask him which one and then check the results. Unless you know which one it could be tricky to find out.

Or just google ironman <insert name>

I know "ironman david tunney" brings back the two Ironmen races I finished in the top 10 results (the other 8 being my blog)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

tunney wrote: »
    Ask him which one and then check the results. Unless you know which one it could be tricky to find out.

Or just google ironman <insert name>

I know "ironman david tunney" brings back the two Ironmen races I finished in the top 10 results (the other 8 being my blog)

i did that and i got 70.3 Ireland and he has that as a like on his facebook. He is far enough down the list in the tri events so no chance of top 30 in an IM i'd say based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I came in here expecting a joke, like that old..

"How can you tell if there is a triathlete at a party" one..

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

rom wrote: »
    i did that and i got 70.3 Ireland and he has that as a like on his facebook. He is far enough down the list in the tri events so no chance of top 30 in an IM i'd say based on that.

Ask to see his tattoo?

If you put his name in to www.athlinks.com it would have all iron distance races in the database so you should be able to find him there

He did Challenge Barcelona 2010.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bambaata

so he didnt do an IM :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Isn't Challenge Barcelona a full distance race though? 3.8 / 180 / 42. So many people confuse the brand with the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bambaata

yeah it is, im only slagging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Isn't Challenge Barcelona a full distance race though? 3.8 / 180 / 42. So many people confuse the brand with the event.

Well there is a half Challenge in Barca as well as full.

Well there is a half Challenge in Barca as well as full.

he was around 15 hrs for the full so he did the full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

rom wrote: »
    he was around 15 hrs for the full so he did the full.

15 hours - isn't that the median time in Galway 70.30? Could be that half either?

Advertisement