Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

05 Focus Key Problem

Options
  • 31-03-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

I have 05 focus but the buttons on the key fob dont work.I just bought the car and was told the key went thru the wash.the key still starts the car and opens the doors manually and was told ford can fix it for €150 is there a cheaper way??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,837 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd try replace the battery first, that might fix it, about €5 for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Turn the ignition on and off 4 times then remove it and press a few buttons then put it back in and turn on the ignition and off again, remove key and it might work. Thats how to program them. Failing that it may be the battery or fob. After taking a wash its probably the fob:(

Advertisement