Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pricing car insurance

Options
  • 28-03-2012 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭

Have been doing my annual trawl through the insurance companies for quotes and they are all very close in price. Used to be a time when you'd get varying quotes and it was easy to choose who to insure with and just wondering how come they are so close in price now? I keep thinking of this phrase 'price-fixing'. Anyone else get the same result recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭but43r

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Have been doing my annual trawl through the insurance companies for quotes and they are all very close in price. Used to be a time when you'd get varying quotes and it was easy to choose who to insure with and just wondering how come they are so close in price now? I keep thinking of this phrase 'price-fixing'. Anyone else get the same result recently?

Varies good bit for me - from 700 all the way up to 2200 euro (I'm a young male driver).

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    just wondering how come they are so close in price now? I keep thinking of this phrase 'price-fixing'. Anyone else get the same result recently?

i work for a broker and the differences can still be huge between the insurers - though standard policyholders probably should generally get similar prices (thats if the insurers are doing their analysis correctly :rolleyes:) !!!
    id say things will probably change again at the end of the year, when the eu gender equalisation ruling takes effect!!! I hope you're not female - their premiums could shoot up up to 25%!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

First time I'm sorry to admit, yes, I'm a (semi)retired female. Didn't realise I had it so good at the moment. :) As there is nothing to choose between the quotes I will stay put so. Thanks all.

Advertisement