Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone using the turbo in this weather?

Options
  • 28-03-2012 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭

Seems like a shame to be stuck in doors on rare days like we’re having this week. Or do ye carry on regardless of weather given the turbo is a decent workout anyway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Seems like a shame to be stuck in doors on rare days like we’re having this week. Or do ye carry on regardless of weather given the turbo is a decent workout anyway?

Similar to a puppy, a turbo isn't for christmas, its for life

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Will still be mostly turbo for me particularly midweek - its a lot easier telling the missus you are heading up the attic for an hour rather than heading off down the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Turbo is really the only option for the tough sessions which need to be controlled.

I am sure Fazz is using his:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Turbo is really the only option for the tough sessions which need to be controlled.

Or when you want to cycle in your bathroom with a storage heater in the corner and the bath full of hot steamy water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

80 minutes on the turbo last night, stoopid children getting in the way of freedom :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Turbo for me, especially during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Feck yis. My apt is like an oven with the mere hint of sunshine.

Is there any way to replicate a half decent decent turbo session? 30 secs on, 30 secs off etc? Phoenix Park you can usually cycle uninterrupted for an hour.
    Plus, you can’t get great tan lines indoors.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Kids to mind, limited time, easy access, targeted work. < turbo is still the way to go for me, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Yep, agree with JB, turbo for certain sessions for sure. My house mates think I am crazy (nothing new :))

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Turbo for me last night as i was late home and it was dark by the time i could get to it :( Id be outside at every opportunity in that kind of weather but the turbo is best for some sessions and will probably be used here and there through the summer.Hard to do specific power on the road sometimes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭BennyMul

Yep, the only difference is I bring the turbo outside so I can work on the tan lines. however I leave the fan inside not that mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Word.

Can't beat the turbo for dedicated planned sessions without relying on smooth roads, no traffic, weather etc.
    Just like you can't beat a nice sunny day for enjoyment and long bike sessions.

Advertisement