Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed: Getting drums to another country

Options
  • 27-03-2012 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi all,

First up I didn't know where to put this thread so I thought I'd start here, so apologies to moderators in advance.

My problem:

Has anyone ever had to get a drum kit to another country?

Before you say drive to this country (it's in Europe) is probably just a little too far to drive.

Has anyone shipped with freight, by air, by sea a whole drumkit and if so how?

This isn't a tour thing I'm just spending a few months in another country gigging.

I know the tips i.e put all the shells into one another and wrap the sh1t out of it but I can't seem to find where or who to contact to get it to ship/plane etc. Without even looking Aer Lingus and especially Ryanair are out due to cost.

To summarize I need to get a fusion size kit with hardware, cymbals to another European country for as cheap and, as hassle free as can be.

Thanks for your time,

P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

This is just off the top of my head but could you bring the cymbals, hihat, stands, pedals and sticks with you and then use DHL, UPS, FedEx or someone else to deliver the drums themselves to an address in the destination country? Sadly I can't imagine it being cheap :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jako555

hi masterp,

if you pm me i can arrange to get the drums to EU for you, at cost.

we have shipped a few kits to EU and AUS and USA in the past.

PM me and ill get back to you asap.

please note that i would need the pick up address / place of delivery.
    approx weight and the size.

cheers.

Advertisement