Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nial Ring putting household charge forms through doors

Options
  • 25-03-2012 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I don't know if this where I should post this.

I thought I should let people know that Independent Councillor Nial Ring had household charge forms put through doors yesterday evening in the Manor Street, Dublin 7 area (and probably a vaster area than that).
    Along with it he included a letter saying that the reason he was sending out the forms was because so many of his constituents had asked him how they could pay the charge, if they had not got access to the internet. He wanted to accommodate them and so was sending the form through all doors.

The wording in his letter is misleading and persuasive as it leads people to think that everyone wants to pay the charge and in turn they will feel that if everyone else is paying they might as well.

I won't be paying as it is an unfair charge, made worse by the fact that every chance they get, the Government are threatening people saying they will take the charge from us whether we like it or not.

Enda Days and Happy Gilmore can whistle for it, well they can as soon as they pull their lips away from French and German backsides.

nialring.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Absolutely ridiculous and absurd post.

He is handing out forms to help people pay their taxes who don't have access to the internet, and you're using it as an oppertunity to take a swipe at the Government?

I don't care if you don't like the taxes you are obliged to pay or not, and whilst your argument of it being "unfair" is surely persuasive, if you don't wish to pay your taxes I suggest you take that up with the Revenue, but not use it as an issue to attack someone who is otherwise being helpful for elderly people and / or people who may not have access to other means of paying their taxes or may not even share your political or tax views...

Nobody can force you to fill out any form, so why take issue with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

foxxrok wrote: »

I won't be paying as it is an unfair charge, made worse by the fact that every chance they get, the Government are threatening people saying they will take the charge from us whether we like it or not.

I'm sorry but this is beyond idiotic. Of course the government are threatening sanctions against those who don't pay the tax! What the hell would you expect them to do- bring in legislation and not enfore it? Do you react in this puerile manner when people are fined or sent to prison for not paying income tax or excise duty?

If you don't want to pay the property charge, fine. But stop bitchin and whining because a democratically elected government says it will enforce the legislation that it introduces.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

thread_backfire.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Thread.Closed

Really not up to standards expected, and a nothing topic tbh

Cheers

DrG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement