Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New triathlon forum - subforums

Options
  • 23-03-2012 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭

(if you don't want there to be a new forum at all, vote in this poll)

When we send in a request to set up a triathlon forum, what subforums should be requested?

Which subforums should there be? 32 votes

There should be an Events subforum specific to Triathlon/Adventure Racing
    0%
    No, Events should be discussed in the main forum
    28%
    tunneyAmzPWEIhf4z6sqo7vjngicouerdelionNeedsTrainingdquirke1Nwm2haggis_mccloud 9 votes
    There should be a link back to the Events subforum in Athletics & Running
    3%
    d4r3n 1 vote
    There should be an Gear&Equipment subforum specific to Triathlon/Adventure Racing
    3%
    baza1976 1 vote
    No, Gear&Equipment should be discussed in the main forum
    25%
    d4r3ntunneyAmzhf4z6sqo7vjngicouerdelionNeedsTrainingdquirke1haggis_mccloud 8 votes
    There should be a link back to the Gear&Equipment subforum in Athletics & Running
    3%
    Nwm2 1 vote
    There should be an Training Logs subforum specific to Triathlon/Adventure Racing
    3%
    baza1976 1 vote
    No, Training Logs should be discussed in the main forum
    31%
    d4r3ntunneyAmzhf4z6sqo7vjngiduffyshufflecouerdelionNeedsTrainingdquirke1Nwm2haggis_mccloud 10 votes
    There should be a link back to the Training Logs subforum in Athletics & Running
    0%
    There should be another subforum (described below)
    3%
    baza1976 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

This is what I mean by a link back to a subforum in another forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=17
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=164

Personally, I think this would work well for Training Logs, because people switch between training for running events and multisport events, and I don't think the Gear discussions are so busy that there's a need for two subforums...
    ... but it's up to you lot really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

No, Training Logs should be discussed in the main forum
    First thought was that linking back was the way to go but I think this may be confusing for the existing athletics forum (and any new users) as suddenly Tri events appear in their sub forum, goggles/bikes in their equipment threead and multisports threads in their logs. It might also be confusing for Triathletes to click on the logs and see a load of running specific ones.

Advertisement