Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginners Triathlon Training Day.

Options
  • 22-03-2012 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭

Hope you don't mind me plugging this here but I thought it might be of benefit to those who are new to the sport or who have their first race planned later this year. If there's any problems with it being posted please feel free to delete.

Activ Multisport are organising a triathlon training day in the NAC on Saturday 5th May. The event is aimed at beginner triathletes but all levels are welcome to attend. Bjorn Ludick, the 2011 Triathlon Ireland National Champion (and Activ Multisport member!) will be hosting the day.

The format for the day is:
    8:00am
    Registration in NAC Reception, briefing on day ahead.

8:30am
    Meet on pool deck. Swim talk, handling mass starts and the skills, tricks and tactics for a good open water swim. 750m timed swim.

10:15am
    Bike talk. T1, tactics for transition, cycling skills and tactics, basic tools to carry and maintenance knowledge required. 20km group bike ride.

12:00
    Run talk. T2 tactics. What to look out for on the run and how brick training helps. 5km timed run.

13:00
    Final chat and Q&A session

13:30
    Finish

*Shower and changing facilities will be available at the NAC
    The fee for Non Activ Multisport Members is €15 which covers entry into the NAC and lane rental. Numbers are limited. To register for the day or if you have more questions please email us at ActivMultisport@gmail.com

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

This sounds really good. Shame it's the same day as the Leixlip 5k.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Was just about to post the same.

I'm torn between the two now.

I've done sod all running lately, and was hoping the 5k would gimme a kick up the butt as it's just up the road, but the beginners day could be more useful.

Agh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

This sounds really good. Shame it's the same day as the Leixlip 5k.
    Amz wrote: »
    Was just about to post the same.

I'm torn between the two now.

I've done sod all running lately, and was hoping the 5k would gimme a kick up the butt as it's just up the road, but the beginners day could be more useful.

Agh!

It was a bit difficult to schedule. Valentia is the week after and Tri an Mhi so it was the best of a bad bunch. Amz, you'll still get your 5km in at the training day plus you get a chance to do the other parts of the tri too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Looking forward to this and hoping to bring along some students from school that are interested in getting into triathlon, it'll be perfect for them as they are signed up for Fingal sprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Sounds good.
    Started swimming recently so should be able to do 750 by then!!

• Advertisement

mrboswell wrote: »
    Sounds good.
    Started swimming recently so should be able to do 750 by then!!

Excellent! See you there then :)

Just signed up to this.

I'll be makin' a holy show of myself, but at least I'll be well practiced at it before I have a larger audience :)

Just bumping this back to the top as the event is on this coming weekend.

Still a couple of places left if you want to email the club to participate.

Very enjoyable morning. Glad I went along.

Great turnout.

With times like 14:00 for the 750m swim and 17:47 for the 5km run I aren't sure they were all beginners though :)

• Advertisement

Really enjoyable day, fair play to all! A few nervous faces at first but great to see smiles on those faces after :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Did the day go well? Was the horrific styled gear explained? :)

tunney wrote: »
    Did the day go well? Was the horrific styled gear explained? :)

It went really well, even had Bryan Keane join us for the spin!

Regarding the gear, well it doesn't have to look good just make you go faster :) although the vertical stripes might not be your friend Tummy ;) (sorry couldn't resist :))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Very enjoyable day I have to say.
    Tired legs today but great to get an idea of where you stand with regard to times for each discipline.
    I was very happy with my times and now I can set a realistic target for how I would like to progress.

Very well organised and as it was the first time Activ Multisport ran it it can only get better - well done to all involved.

Advertisement