Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get cover gigs

Options
  • 21-03-2012 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi I posted this is gigs but got one reply??? I have a new two piece acoustic band in dub Kildare Meath Offaly area, we are mellow enough, I suppose suited to age group who don't wanna get ears blown off and like to
    Listen to good unusual covers with good singer. Have done few gigs family friends etc and get great feedback even from strangers in bars. I've been gigging for years but never did promo side of getting gigs? How do I approach places? What's the going rate? I have a business card and website but no Facebook I hate it, do I say my price n they negotiate? Some pubs go through agencies so should I go down that route? Others are small time pubs in small towns, advice is needed and any replies really appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,660 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Hiya Quirky, PM sent.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

Advertisement