Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best fry in Wexford Town?

Options
  • 20-03-2012 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Here is my guide.

Sidetracks. Always been nice if not amazing. plate seems a little shy at times. Like I would have there large breakfast but still not enough. everything seems small or something.

South 51. Probably worst ive had in wexford. sausage were really small, dont think there was beans and mushrooms either.Eggs just didnt taste right. Slow service too. I dont think they are really set up for breakfast.

Whites Cafe. Decent fry been awhile since i was there so not fresh in my mind. Reasonable price and plenty on the plate. I like getting a large mushroom too and big sized pot of tea. Top marks. No complaints.

That place on main street that has a shop on top floor. Cannot remember the name of place. From memory it was very pricey and only average at best. I wouldnt go back.

The cafe beside Supervalu. I had a nice breakfast here, again not the cheapest price you would find and i noticed my fry didnt have everything on it that the menu claimed.

Blasta Cafe. Kind of a strange complaint from here i ordered the grill and tea but it wasnt in a combo deal so had to pay for pot of tea on top. from what i remember it was an ok breakfast.

Id probably go with Whites on that basis. But i have not had breakfast in places like the yard and chocolate yet. Any thoughts from people who enjoy a fry in town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭Corvo

Tis hard to find a decent spot to be honest. None are really that good, though two places used to be decent.

- South 51. Its gone to absolute ribbons now, but at one time the staff (who are now in Whites), service and breakfast was top notch. You got a quite a bit, and it was delish. Since the receivers got it, I'd rather eat my boot.

- Westgate Design. Now this place was the King of Breakfast at one stage also. Ever have the "Jumbo Breakfast" in there? Jesus that hurt...but I was in there recently and it was disastrous. It was quite early (approx. 9am) but he actually served up 2 frankfurter sausages, relish (not sauce, but burger relish) along with soggy pudding and toast. I would never lost the plot over food etc served to me, I just wouldn't go back but I was tempted to bounce the plate off his head.

The Potato Market is definitely the best at the moment. Not the first place you would think of, but it is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭hop2it

thanks for the tip i think i treat myself to the potato market breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FAE _Wex

If you want to get out of the town, the best place in the county for breakfast has to be the stella maris centre in Kilmore Quay. Its upstairs in the community centre, better than anything in the town, only thing is its stops serving breakfasts at 12 on the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Not Wexford Town, but the "Hunger Buster" in the Ballycarney Inn takes some beating.

4 Sausages
    4 Rashers
    4 Fried Eggs
    Pudding
    Mushrooms
    Tomatoes
    Fried Spuds
    Basket of Chips
    Toast
    Tea

€10

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

TheChevron wrote: »
    Not Wexford Town, but the "Hunger Buster" in the Ballycarney Inn takes some beating.

4 Sausages
    4 Rashers
    4 Fried Eggs
    Pudding
    Mushrooms
    Tomatoes
    Fried Spuds
    Basket of Chips
    Toast
    Tea

€10

Man V Food challange logged for the near future

• Advertisement

4 Sausages
    4 Rashers
    4 Fried Eggs
    Pudding
    Mushrooms
    Tomatoes
    Fried Spuds
    Basket of Chips
    Toast
    Tea

€10

Suicide for €10 :D

Suicide for €10 :D
    Hangover heaven. I've yet to finish one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Do cappucino's do breakfast? I thought I saw that Robertino's did breakfast also, but could be mistaken.

I don't really like sidetracks. I don't like the coffee.

I quite like whites though - the service is good and quick and the staff nice. I always end up in stable diet - not for their fry - but I love their french toast. My hangover cure.

I'll try potato market next time. I never think of them! And definatley didn't know they did breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

4 Sausages
    4 Rashers
    4 Fried Eggs
    Pudding
    Mushrooms
    Tomatoes
    Fried Spuds
    Basket of Chips
    Toast
    Tea

€10

Where would you being going with 4 fried eggs eh? I wouldn't like to be going into the toilet a few hours after the people who consumed this dish, not to mention having a drinks the night before. I'd say it's a smelly one haha.

I like frys. You can't beat a nice fry. I always had a great appreciation of the Tesco Fry I got in Wexford. It was always nice, but I don't like the surroundings, it's a not a nice place to eat a fry in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Another "not in town" one but I like Karoo in Killinick when I'm down, it's, I think €7.95, two toast, tea/coffee, 2 sausages, 2 bacon, half tomato, 1 egg.

It won't win best value awards by any stretch but it's tasty and it's grilled which is nice. Sausages and Bacon are from O'Neills farm near Enniscorthy.

And the place is nice to relax on a Sunday morning after getting locked on saturday night !!

• Advertisement

Also, the Country Kitchen in Taghmon has an awesome fry.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭me m

The Potato Market is definitely the best at the moment. Not the first place you would think of, but it is good.

Cheers Griffin sampled the award winning irish breakfast in the potato market and it was decent. I agree best in town.

me m wrote: »
    Cheers Griffin sampled the award winning irish breakfast in the potato market and it was decent. I agree best in town.

How much and what did you get?

What award did it win eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭acidskiffle

Potato Market hands down, it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Crunchee

Another out of town recommendation for best fry- the new place in Rosslare Strand where Petis Plaisirs used to be. Lovely sausages and bacon, black and white pudding, tomato, hash brown, fried egg(but they did me a scrambled when I asked), toast and coffee(proper stuff) or tea for €7.95 Just what I needed last Sunday :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Jengagirl

Crunchee wrote: »
    Another out of town recommendation for best fry- the new place in Rosslare Strand where Petis Plaisirs used to be. Lovely sausages and bacon, black and white pudding, tomato, hash brown, fried egg(but they did me a scrambled when I asked), toast and coffee(proper stuff) or tea for €7.95 Just what I needed last Sunday :cool:

Has this placed closed down already?? Was out there this morning and its all locked up!

Jengagirl wrote: »
    Has this placed closed down already?? Was out there this morning and its all locked up!

Karoo next best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 3 themarket

Jengagirl wrote: »
    Hi Jengagirl- we've closed alright. Family commitments are our priority at the moment so we made the tough decision to close at the end of August. Thanks to all the regular customers who supported us from April and our summer visitors in July and August.
    Regards,
    Caroline & Gabi

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Jengagirl

themarket wrote: »
    Hi Jengagirl- we've closed alright. Family commitments are our priority at the moment so we made the tough decision to close at the end of August. Thanks to all the regular customers who supported us from April and our summer visitors in July and August.
    Regards,
    Caroline & Gabi

Thats a pity it didnt seem to be open long at all...I heard the food in there was delicious! Any plans to re open elsewhere in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 themarket

Thank you Jengagirl, that's very kind of you and great to hear:D. We had a wonderful crew working with us and they made the place what it was. We would love to open somewhere else sometime in the future. We are always on the lookout for a good spot! Until then, we are back to being employees and spending precious time with our young family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭1865

If you are in Gorey, Soul Cusine does a very nice breakfast.

themarket wrote: »
    Thank you Jengagirl, that's very kind of you and great to hear:D. We had a wonderful crew working with us and they made the place what it was. We would love to open somewhere else sometime in the future. We are always on the lookout for a good spot! Until then, we are back to being employees and spending precious time with our young family.

Nice, but leases are cheap at the mo. If you have your own cooking material then go for it.

You know there is lots of demand for a quality breakfast in Wexford, a seriously good demand, and it's quite easy to walllop the competition - for a start no one wants deep fried sausages and rashers - no one. And also no one offers buckwheat pancakes with maple syrup either. I'll leave it with you...

vicwatson wrote: »
    Nice, but leases are cheap at the mo. If you have your own cooking material then go for it.

You know there is lots of demand for a quality breakfast in Wexford, a seriously good demand, and it's quite easy to walllop the competition - for a start no one wants deep fried sausages and rashers - no one. And also no one offers buckwheat pancakes with maple syrup either. I'll leave it with you...

Thank god *vomits*

Thank god *vomits*

You've either never heard of them or never tried them.:rolleyes: They are delicious.

You've either never heard of them or never tried them.:rolleyes: They are delicious.

Bring me some so.

Bring me some so.

Will do, no problem ! One stack with maple syrup coming up.

old thread, but is anywhere in Wex Town doing all day breakfast these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

old thread, but is anywhere in Wex Town doing all day breakfast these days?

The Red Kettle in Mallin Street do a small and large breakfast fry all day.

Advertisement