Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connemara Challenge - After Party?

Options
  • 20-03-2012 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all,

In case anyone on boards was at the connemara challenge last year, and hung around for the after party.. just wondering if it was any use?!

I did the challenge last year and loved it but headed onto Galway for our own after party. However.. I also did the similar Achill roar in Sept and stuck around for the after party, and it was amazing craic.

Just somewhat fearful that a "free epic after party" (event site).. at an adventure centre.. sounds more teen disco at the local parish centre than epic party.

(To put it in perspective I've got some friends coming from abroad for the race and want to make sure I show them a good weekend!)

As I say would be great to hear from anyone that stuck around in years gone by for the festivities (rather than a Gaelforce employee :)

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Enduro

In my experience the ROAR after party is the exception to the rule. Probably because, in father Ted style, everyone is till on the feckin island, with only a limited number of places to go. And its too long a drive home for most people to make a day trip of the race.

My experience of events in the westport area is that Westport is a big enough party town to scatter racers to the winds. The only good after parties I've had in the area were for real ARs and hill runs.

I haven't been to the Connemara challenge, so I'm only guessing!

The best after-race parties I've been to in Ireland were for the CLECs, and for the Beast of Ballyhoura.

Advertisement