Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mature Student interviews?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Ah, they were both in the same vein so that might explain it. I'm gonna give a ring next week just to clarify.

Are you celebrating you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I've been too busy! I want to ring the section head tomorrow to get a little more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

I called Sligo IT yesterday, as I haven't heard anything yet, and admissions said the offers go out on Friday by e-mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭annacanna

has anyone recieved an offer by email today?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭annacanna

just got an email. ive being accepted on my course early childhood care and education :D

• Advertisement

I received my email today, went to my spam folder and I just noticed it as I hit "empty folder":mad:

Rang up the IT and got the good news!

Got my email today and I've got on my science course - yipeeee, so happy. Congrats guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Congrats! Make sure if needed, that you start all the paperwork for VEC as a lot is needed for it and it is a long process.

Congrats! Make sure if needed, that you start all the paperwork for VEC as a lot is needed for it and it is a long process.

Hi thundermuppet :). I will be relocating so do I apply to the VEC where I am currently living or to the VEC where I will be studying?

• Advertisement

More here.
    Highlights.
    Applications are online only!!! Starting from 11th June 2012.

"Please apply for your grant early; you do not need to know the exact course you will be attending in order to make an application."

I think the online applications are for standard students, seems to me you have to apply via the normal form for BTEA - http://ym.adnet.ie/mp7717/how-to-apply/index.html

I think the online applications are for standard students, seems to me you have to apply via the normal form for BTEA - http://ym.adnet.ie/mp7717/how-to-apply/index.html

Its both.

You need to apply for BTEA if you are unemployed and qualify etc.
    See Post #16.

You also need to apply to VEC to get grant approval to pay for course.

I went through the same process last year, it was quite a chore.

Woops, deleted, wrong info

Has anyone gotten anything through their letterbox in relation to the course's you've been successful with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Has anyone gotten anything through their letterbox in relation to the course's you've been successful with?

No, all I've gotten is an email telling me that I've been accepted, that was on June 1st, have heard nothing since.

My mistake, it's CAO that I was thinking of :o

Went down for a mini tour of the engineering dept yesterday, very impressive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Henlars67 wrote: »
    No, all I've gotten is an email telling me that I've been accepted, that was on June 1st, have heard nothing since.

Ya i got an email a while back and was a little confused is it an offer and they are saying that it will become offical when offers are out in the post in july?

They are the offers from CAO they were referring to.

• Advertisement

They are the offers from CAO they were referring to.

im probably sounding a bit stupid, but i dont get what you mean :/

Based on the interview, the college tell the CAO who to offer the places to.

In July the CAO start to offer these places through their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Reader1937

I got the interview, just don't know what to do now. Its been a long time since I sat in a fulltime class. Have to sort out finance etc to make it happen.

Reader1937 wrote: »
    I got the interview, just don't know what to do now. Its been a long time since I sat in a fulltime class. Have to sort out finance etc to make it happen.

Hi Reader - what do you mean when you say you don't know what to do now? Are you still unsure about doing your course even though you have an offer? Have you applied to SUSI and BTEA (if you qualify)? What bothers you about sitting in a fulltime class again?:)

so if you got the interview and an email saying your were sucessful that means that you definatly have a place in the college? so does that mean i could move around my choices order on my cao form and still have an offer from sligo IT say i move my first choice being the sligo course into my second choice slot would that be ok to do and stil recieve the offer?

P.s sorry to be a bother

You should ring the college to be sure. If you got offered your second place course in the interview, if you change the order you will get the highest preference. It is important to note you will only get one offer from the CAO so put the courses in the order you want them. If you were not successful for your first place on the CAO you will get your highest successful offer.

The change of mind is closing soon so you need to act soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Reader1937

scoob70 wrote: »
    Hi Reader - what do you mean when you say you don't know what to do now? Are you still unsure about doing your course even though you have an offer? Have you applied to SUSI and BTEA (if you qualify)? What bothers you about sitting in a fulltime class again?:)
    Ty for the comment Scoob70. I am sure of the course, and was unsure of the finance side. As for the "bother", its the return to a very different lifestyle, time structure, set of demands on workflow and a completly new set of people as well as getting a grip of an array of new subjects. All of that should be done well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ponchofoley

I applied as a late mature student on may 1st and i got cao recognition in a letter, im just wondering at what point should i be getting an interview?

Reader1937 wrote: »
    Ty for the comment Scoob70. I am sure of the course, and was unsure of the finance side. As for the "bother", its the return to a very different lifestyle, time structure, set of demands on workflow and a completly new set of people as well as getting a grip of an array of new subjects. All of that should be done well.

Hey don't sweat it Reader - you'll love yr course and everything will just fall into place for u. I'm 40 years old and did a FETAC 5 last year at a school of all places and I was dreading it after years of working full time in the civil service and in various other jobs. I loved it and met some lovely people on my course of all ages and I'm still in touch with some of them now. I can't wait to start this next course so I can progress to a level 8 eventually and a complete change of direction in my working life. I hope the finance side of it gets sorted for you as I know it can be a worry and put a damper on the whole thing. Fingers crossed for u.;)

• Advertisement

Does anyone have any info about start dates for courses, or when will that info will be sent out?

Advertisement