Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman Melbourne

Options
  • 15-03-2012 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I see that IM Melbourne is on March 25th. A lot of the PRO Women are very happy that they have their own wave and are not starting with the men. They are hoping that Kona will follow suit. What's the thinking behind this?

Why are so many of them happy about this?

Is it down to not being able to avail of a draft from the men and it being a level playing field?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

pgibbo wrote: »
    I see that IM Melbourne is on March 25th. A lot of the PRO Women are very happy that they have their own wave and are not starting with the men. They are hoping that Kona will follow suit. What's the thinking behind this?

Why are so many of them happy about this?

Is it down to not being able to avail of a draft from the men and it being a level playing field?

Healthy pro field for both men and women....

I'd imagine (in addition to the swim drafting) it helps the women to keep a better eye on each other -

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

It's a well loaded field alright. Should be a cracking race!

Advertisement