Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

funny incident while running

Options
  • 13-03-2012 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

A funny thing happened me yesterday while I was out running in Raheen (Limerick). Every lunch time I run for 1hr at a pace of about 7mins/mile, which for me is comfortable and sustainable.
    I happened to run past two middle-aged ladies who were also jogging/running but were at a slower pace than me. I kept running at my normal pace and ran past them.
    They were having a good old chat but as soon as I passed the talking stopped and one of them starting making very loud breathing noises and the other started laughing loudly to suggesting that I pick upped the pace just to overtake them as some kind of showing off or trying to impress them. They made this very obvious.

Sorry ladies, I’m in my late 20’s and happily married, I wasting trying to impress you with my dazzling speed! People do actually run at a different pace than you and are training for specific events. The next time somebody runs past, give them a break!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,964 ✭✭✭✭Stark

GBSS wrote: »
    Every lunch time I run for 1hr at a pace of about 7mins/mile, which for me is comfortable and sustainable.

Did you sign up an account just so you could post this and try and impress us?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

A funny thing happened me yesterday while I was out running in Raheen (Limerick). Every lunch time I run for 1hr at a pace of about 7mins/mile, which for me is comfortable and sustainable.
    I happened to run past two middle-aged ladies who were also jogging/running but were at a slower pace than me. I kept running at my normal pace and ran past them.
    They were having a good old chat but as soon as I passed the talking stopped and one of them starting making very loud breathing noises and the other started laughing loudly to suggesting that I pick upped the pace just to overtake them as some kind of showing off or trying to impress them. They made this very obvious.

Sorry ladies, I’m in my late 20’s and happily married, I wasting trying to impress you with my dazzling speed! People do actually run at a different pace than you and are training for specific events. The next time somebody runs past, give them a break!!

Cool story bro

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

Post of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

> A funny thing happened me yesterday while I was out running in Raheen (Limerick).

That wasn't funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

mrbungle wrote: »

That wasn't funny.

Probably going for meaning number 5 here:
    fun·ny

1    [fuhn-ee] Show IPA adjective, -ni·er, -ni·est, noun, plural -nies.
    adjective 1. providing fun; causing amusement or laughter; amusing; comical: a funny remark; a funny person.

2. attempting to amuse; facetious: Did you really mean that or were you just being funny?

3. warranting suspicion; deceitful; underhanded: We thought there was something funny about those extra charges.

4. Informal . insolent; impertinent: Don't get funny with me, young man!

5. curious; strange; peculiar; odd: Her speech has a funny twang.

noun 6. Informal . a funny remark or story; a joke: to make a funny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GBSS

mrbungle wrote: »
    > A funny thing happened me yesterday while I was out running in Raheen (Limerick).

That wasn't funny.

oh yes, internet forms, I love them. I love you all

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I thought it was funny. Don't mind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

An interesting interpretation of the occurance. IMO they were just pulling the p*ss out of you and did not want to rip your clothes off. If that were me i would have just chuckled to myself and kept going. Relax your marriage is safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I run around Raheen in Limerick too, happens me all the time. But then I spray linx on me before I head out the door...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

I run around Raheen in Limerick too, happens me all the time. But then I spray linx on me before I head out the door...

It was you all the time!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Izoard wrote: »
    It was you all the time!!!:)

Nope... unfortunately can't call an hour at 7min miles 'easy' just yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Nope... unfortunately can't call an hour at 7min miles 'easy' just yet

Damn, I thought I had it all figured out -Raheen, heavy breathing ladies etc...:)

Advertisement