Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who here is learning Irish (putting good effort in)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

I am learning the language, but not in any kind of formal way, I'm involved with the Cumann Gaelach in Uni so I get to speak Irish fairly regularly, I read Gaelsceal every week and listen to RnaG/watch TG4 fairly often, my ability to speak Irish is fairly good, I would be fairly comfortable with most conversations, and I'm OK at reading, my ability to write is terrible through.

What Uni is that do you mind me asking? I'm hoping to go to NUIG after my leaving and they have a gaeilge group, so I want to know if it's good for maintaining your irish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

SeanMadd wrote: »
    What Uni is that do you mind me asking? I'm hoping to go to NUIG after my leaving and they have a gaeilge group, so I want to know if it's good for maintaining your irish?

I'm in UL, Joinging the Cumann Gaelach is definatly worthwhile, I know a few of the lads in NUIG, they have a night out in Áras na nGeal fairly often, and Oireachtas na Gaeilge is definatly worth the membership fee, the most important thing when it comes to maintaining your Irish is using it regularly, being in a Cumann Gaelach is very useful when it comes to that.

Advertisement