Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Evo Qualifier Tournament - April 14th, v2012 A.E. - Trinity College Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

PPC wrote: »
    Starnab was telling me the other night he's not coming :( left it too late to book flights.

Heres the list from the site as of now
    1. HoundOfCuChulain
    2. Orim
    3. ayjayirl
    4. antigirl
    5. ladnopoka
    6. kgleeson
    7. Misty Chaos
    8. Lythero
    9. Jun_dp101
    10. Speedboat
    11. Silver Steeez
    12. [KO] Kiki
    13. Owwmykneecap
    14. WorstGiefEVER
    15. ChopperByrne
    16. Goody2shoes15
    17. Daniel Pollock
    18. DSL Kalamity
    19. Combichrist
    20. Ben2Gen
    21. TPS Averruncus
    22. OriginalRazer
    23. Shabaz50
    24. 1man3letters
    25. Roukanken
    26. Doyler01
    27. Vilestylez
    28. Chewmandinga
    29. WasterEx
    30. thex njC
    31. shokashi
    32. animax
    33. ArmourWulfe
    34. Ramza
    35. UsedForGlue
    36. DarkTalant
    37. Xinkai
    38. trippintomhxc
    39. The 1st Hardter
    40. fr stack
    41. MaD
    42. CHUCK.
    43. Nutrient
    44. unky chop chop
    45. VizardAnto
    46. MM Speedhaak
    47. xXRichardssucksXx
    48. Force_Edge
    49. Elwood Blues
    50. spiderflies
    51. Ezo
    52. StarNab
    53. aquagen84
    54. Big G
    55. Melfice
    56. Voa
    57. Uchiha Strider
    58. oGRAMo
    59. Boggles
    60. l00percentjuice
    61. Billedplatypus
    62. TurboTaco
    63. Stephander
    64. koko pops
    65. Deadeyedave
    66. Green Lantern
    67. Deathrider18
    68. GDLK BK4REVENGE
    69. dabounca
    70. LaR
    71. Dreddybajs
    72. markdshark1

out of this list of players, how many of them aren't irish?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

2gen wrote: »
    out of this list of players, how many of them aren't irish?

i think ill be first on the list :D :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Last minute entrant...I'll be there...cower in fear etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Hi guys,

Last day! Get Hype. Its shaping up to be a good one alright. I just wanted to mention a few things about the prize options and structures for that everything is clear.

Sticks
    Thankfully, all the fighting sticks are in our possession so presentation will be on the day. This will take place at the end of the day after Grand finals.

Raffle
    There will be a raffle on the day for a copy of Ultimate Fighter 7 (courtesy of Gamesnash) and a collection of FG memorabilia (thanks Sai). Tickets will be on sale on the day for €1 a ticket or €3 for 5.

The SSF4 prize will be allocated as following:
    The top 8 for the SSF4 tournament will all have until 21st April to email me about whether or not they can make it to EVO in Vegas. (Remember, there are people who work, study, cannot afford etc) This will allow each of the top 8 to see if they can make the necessary arrangements to go. I will then, starting at 1st and working my way down in order, give the prize to the person who placed highest and who has confirmed that they can go. Please note that the prize is not transferable by the winner. If I have no received an email from someone before midnight on the 21st Arpil, they will forfeit their option. In the unlikely event that all of the top 8 cannot go, it will goto the people from 9th-16th. Each placing will determine the preference as above. Rinse and repeat until we have a traveler.

I want to congratulate everyone involved in making this happen and hope that everything goes well for all concerned.

See ya tomorrow!
    Aj

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Yo Ayjay, my name isn't on the list there, despite signing up a while back. I'll be entering Marvel and possibly SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Yo Ayjay, my name isn't on the list there, despite signing up a while back. I'll be entering Marvel and possibly SF.

Same here, I'll be entering UMvC3 and MK.
    I'll just make it clear to the TOs tomorrow since it's a bit late for changes now. I know Kuro is the TO for MK, who's running Marvel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Naphiel wrote: »
    I know Kuro is the TO for MK

so kuro is doing the mk bracket??

also ayjay, any chance of the seeding numbers being posted?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Lads don't be panicking you can register on the day, prereg is about aj knowing rough numbers so things run smoother.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

PANIC! FIRE! OH GOD IT'S All GOING WRONG!

Get Hype?

Bagsy any spare posters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Just finished helpiing set up for tomorrow, and man, is it going to be HYPE! Shoutout to the 15 foot wide projector.... and the other two 12 foot projectors... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

ladnopoka wrote: »
    i think ill be first on the list :D :cool:

lol, i guess i should re-phase the question, "how many players are coming from abroad?" (btw, i aint irish either :D:cool: )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Couple friends are going to the Anime thing just down the road so I'll likely tag along and show up for this.

Probably just enter SFxT, maybe AE if I feel like just burning my money and being a pot monster. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Can't make it in, good luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Can't make it either.

;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

good work on the stream boys.
    gwan the setv0

brackets please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

missed this due to booze related shenaigans lastnight.shame,I really wanted to go.
    can i still watch old streams somwhere anyone?results?

All the videos are up on http://www.twitch.tv/randomselectie/videos
    Betteer quality ones should be uploaded once Doom gets around to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Hope y'all had good time, was extremely hungover and out of funds today so no show from me...even if I wanted!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

HI guys,

Pretty drunk right now. ggs today to all involved. Big up to supersquaddy - legend. Nothing else would describe his awesomeness.

Big up to WGE and Problem X for the HYPE sand competition. Hope to see youy guys soon.

Thanks to all invovled in making it happen. would not have been possible without everyone.

Till next time!

Aj

And a big thanks to AJ for organizing one of the best events in our community.
    Really appreciate all the effort you've put into the event for the last few months.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all,
    First and foremost, a major thanks to AJ and everyone who had a part in organizing and running the event. I'm one of the older members of the community and I have been to many similar gaming events so it takes something special to get me excited.

30 seconds in, color me excited! When I walked in yesterday, it was clear that the Irish FGC had taken things to the next level. Massive projectors, dedicated streaming area, well laid out consoles and commentary section.

It was good to see some well known faces such as WGF and Problem X at the event and I hope that they bring good stories back to their communities.

The only downside was that many of the people who had preregistered didn't make it to the event for whatever reason. Personally, I do feel that the organizers of the event deserved better commitment from the community, and I would suggest that if we are doing one next year that preregistrations are paid in full, either via PayPal or by another means. Maybe have a raffle or a cheaper price for fully paid preregistrations. Bird in hand etc.

GGs to AnimaX, Dark Talent, SteveO and the Dhalsim player. GGs to Sairus, Ireally enjoyed our practice sets.

I believe our community is in the right hands, well done again lads.

Oh and also, well done SteveO!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 supersquaddy

Just got back, epic drive this morning.

Thanks to everyone for an awesome event, I had to take myself home after the jack daniels started to make me walk funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

ggs to everyone that participated in the tournaments

Doyler and Onion in Grand Finales just like last year
    Your not done yet Onion!

Irelands still got loads to learn
    Doyler, watch your back:P

Ste definetly deserved the win in MK9

AE was too hype with Problem X's and Stevo's performance

Strekken was a load a crap

Thanks for all the hard work AJ, Doom, Alene, SuperSquaddy and everyone that helped make this event possible

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

good event lads finals were great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Showed up late, played bloody awful and headed on early for other business but I have to say the venue was definitely impressive, good sized room, loads of setups, projectors, the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

ggs to all
    many thanks to all the people who went to some much trouble to put this on :D

triple projectors were amazing :eek::eek::eek:

the sf final was awesome to watch aswell and i dont even play it,the hype in the room was incredible,well done stevo
    well done to the winners of umvc3 and sfxt also

sorry wasnt up to my normal self on commentating,was very tired

major probs to deathrider for getting 3rd in mk,very big shame your two matches with jun and match with kuro was offstream,was great stuff,
    SISTERS ARE DOING IT FOR THEMSELVES! ;)

also majors ggs to razer and deathrider back in mine after aswell,woolay!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

Vids and commentating look and sound amazing!! Did we end up using the player cams for the stream?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

picture1juw.jpg

My broken finger wished it could be there but alas, he couldn't make it. :p

From the looks of it though it was an incredible day. Big gratz go out to the organisers. It looked the bussiness. :)

Advertisement