Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petition to boycott the Sun Newspaper on Campus

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 storysham

The idea that changing the name changes what happens during a rag week is idiotic. The problem was, and always be, that some students are idiots and are only in it to get drunk and break stuff. That's definitely not the concept behind RAG/Charity week, but if you deny that a lot of students see it that way you're a fool.
    As for the article, while they don't draw attention to the goals of the week, they haven't said anything about the individual other than that he decided to get naked.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭canned_ulkc

This petition is quite poor I think. The wording is terrible, it says nothing about the background and I was under the impression that a more deliberate attempt by the "news"paper to paint a negative picture.

This is what tabloids do....

Let those who want to buy it go ahead. Natural selection means we'll get rid of them all soon enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Give it a couple of years as being called Charity Week and I reckon it could work. (I would hope so anyway...)

The same thing happened with Lansdowne Road and Aviva Stadium.

Advertisement