Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blisters on my insteps when running - OUCH

Options
  • 01-03-2012 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

I started running recently and suffer very bad blisters on my insteps, granted im 2 stone over weight which doesnt help. I have good runners which fit fine, any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

I think there is a type of film that you can get that acts as a barrier - 'second skin' I think its called but long time since I heard about it though so may be named something else now.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭david4791

I'll check it out, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

The skin will toughen up over time. In the meantime, compeeds or similar will protect the skin while it heals.

Decent running socks also make a difference. Something like this they got me through my first marathon without a blister anyway.

If you want to speed up the toughening process, you can try rubbing methylated spirits into your feet (best wait until they heal first).

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KentuckyPete

Definitely best to tough it out and let the skin harden. Ask any of the long distance runners on here and everyone's feet develop "interesting" features over time.

+1 on the 1000 mile socks.

Advertisement