Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened on 95fm with Derek Daly?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭johnryano

i got recordings from other shows and they included the music. it would take me about 10 mins to trim the music out of a 1 hour long recording using audacity, i presume you're using a mac so should be just so quick. why you need a 3 day turnover on this?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

johnryano wrote: »
    i got recordings from other shows and they included the music. it would take me about 10 mins to trim the music out of a 1 hour long recording using audacity, i presume you're using a mac so should be just so quick. why you need a 3 day turnover on this?

I don't have to trim out the songs. I want to, as we're a news show and not a music show. The raw recordings include music, so I'm assuming these are what you got.

I'm using audacity as well, not a mac.

I don't need a 3 day turnover period. I said that so as to cover myself. All going well it should be up tomorrow night. The reason that it's not up now is because I didn't have time to get the recording before the people who have access to them went home, and the reason it won't be up until tomorrow night is that I have college work which has to take priority over extra-curricular stuff.

Hope that clears it up. :)

yes you're very disorganised but thanks for trying

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

johnryano wrote: »
    yes you're very disorganised but thanks for trying

I don't see how you drew that conclusion, but you're welcome. :)

any time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

jesus christ poor troll is getting poorer with every account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Sheep and goats have made the local media.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Cossax wrote: »
    Sheep and goats have made the local media.
    Ah, you can typically tell when Anne Sheridan hasn't written the piece because they usually leave out the necessary apostrophe in "Students'" when someone else writes it.

(I'm often torn between loving the excitement that local newspapers give the otherwise uneventful survival of a tree in a town park (er, for example) and disliking the way that lots of local newspapers brutally treat the lingua franca. As long as I'm amused, I guess... there's a certain joy in regularly reading the Coventry Evening Telegraph and the Liverpool Daily Post...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Daly let his huge ego get the better of him here

Made a fool of himself too in the process of letting down the entire student body

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Ciaran0

I like Derek Daly. He's nice. And he probably did have a tough week last week. Give him a break. He's nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Ciaran0 wrote: »
    I like Derek Daly. He's nice. And he probably did have a tough week last week. Give him a break. He's nice.

Not really. He went on ClareFM and was fantastic. No complaints at all. It just feels as though he lost his cool on 95fm. Did you hear all the complaints they were reading out after? I mean, they can't make those up :p

derek dropped the ball, that we can all agree.

Advertisement