Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkee Hell of the West

Options
  • 24-02-2012 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭

Folks

Keep an eye on www.limericktriathlon.com, the Hell of the West first batch of entries is open next Wednesday 29th at 9am.. Don't say you weren't warned, as most well know its a hugely popular race :)

Get thee to a stable Broadband connection :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭slayer91

Any idea of the entry cost for this year??

Regs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Active Europe I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

pgibbo wrote: »
    Active Europe I assume?

Don't be giving away all the clues its tough enough to get an entry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Don't be giving away all the clues its tough enough to get an entry :)

Slots there for a few days last year no?

First slots sold out in jig time. Hate to be relying on getting into second slot again, burn more nervous calories waiting for confirming email than you would racing it (almost!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

280 entries gone in 9 minutes 20 left

Entry to HoTW is just like racing. By 8.45 I was limbering up by the laptop, credit card and TI cards (Mrs. too) arranged. A couple of dry runs with Limerick Tri Club page and active.com open in front of me.

Quick draw on the double refresh, all good. No drop out of signal and active.com retaining the right profiles, no surprise 'Please log in' or anything like that.

8.59 last one, double refresh, check, cards ok, check, kids at a good distance, check, power on at switch, check. All systems check.

9.02 two entries confirmed and 134 places left. Thank God, that's done for another year.

Thats 3 NS races entered already this year, now just need the training to back it up.

Given I'm not racing this year I was happy to laugh at all the fuss about entering this. Until I get a text at 0855 -"I'm stuck in traffic, can you enter me in HoTW?" Great fun trying to remember your Active Europe password under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Didnt even know it was opening till I got an text from Gibbo asking to enter him, seeing as it was 8.50 and I was in the pool changing rooms I was in trouble. All very seamless loads of entries left when i logged in but when I clicked purchase now and browsed back to the page after delighted with myself - I could see 0 entries left :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Sounds manic, fastest sell out this year so far then.

Ironic really, I wanted to do this but sacrificed it over Athlone the following weekend. Figured many would do similar.
    I guess it's only the first batch and 300 entries so always gonna be big demand anyway for a popular race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Can't do the race but was watching the madness. 40 left when I checked at 9:08, by 9:13 they were all gone. 300 in 13 minutes. 1 sold every 2.5 seconds. (spot the numbers nerd)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I'm surprised no-one has commented on the price. Personally I thought it was a little too pricey. Saying that I still entered......:pac:

pgibbo wrote: »
    I'm surprised no-one has commented on the price. Personally I thought it was a little too pricey. Saying that I still entered......:pac:

Well I was fairly surprised when I saw the amount alright. €63 is awfully steep.

The wife once commented to me that its cheaper to do one IM than many Irish races.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Huff n Puff

15 mins to sell out is good going. It's a quality race and deserves good support. I got 5 registered this morning so happy out!

Price comparison (from Active Europe records)
    2008 - €55
    2009 - €58.85
    2010 - €58.85 Best goodie bag ever created. Think they only barely broke even in terms of cost this year. That is probably the reason for meal change and slightly higher price in 2011.
    2011 - €61.37 Goodie bag not as good + I think they stopped doing the after race meal (or maybe I have this totally wrong?)
    2012 - €62.67

The price is creeping up very slowly, but they could charge €70 or €80 and it would still sell out. With the Castle Triathlon Series coming to Ireland things might be about to get a lot dearer - €85 Olympics here we come! http://www.castletriathlonseries.co.uk/lough-cutra-race/

On the TI website the Lough Cutra race (Jun, Sun 3rd) has NC + NS beside it. I presume it is just a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

The price is creeping up very slowly, but they could charge €70 or €80 and it would still sell out. With the Castle Triathlon Series coming to Ireland things might be about to get a lot dearer - €85 Olympics here we come! http://www.castletriathlonseries.co.uk/lough-cutra-race/

On the TI website the Lough Cutra race (Jun, Sun 3rd) has NC + NS beside it. I presume it is just a mistake?

I emailed them a little rant over their entry prices a while back during a bad day in the office. The reply was more or less that they are not expecting much take up from Ireland but are more geared towards getting their regular English entrants over with a bank holiday over there at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Last chance to enter 8pm Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

catweazle wrote: »
    I emailed them a little rant over their entry prices a while back during a bad day in the office. The reply was more or less that they are not expecting much take up from Ireland but are more geared towards getting their regular English entrants over with a bank holiday over there at the time.

For the castle Tri, your club secretary should have an email allowing them to obtain a code for 25% off for club members. They admit that following their french version 50% of competitors will be from the UK so it is priced for that market as CW said.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Nwm2

IN! It opened a few mins early.

Phew, would be a bit of a disaster if the year's A race wasn't entered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Im in for the relay:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Trig1

wow, got in at 20:02 with 280 still left, delighted, will be my first olympic distance race..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭eoglyn

i'm in, my first Olympic too. nice to have something to aim for

Advertisement