Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cong Duathlon

Options
  • 21-02-2012 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Takes place on Sunday March 4th at 10am. More details here.

Anyone doing it? Planning to do it myself as my first outing of the year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 nooneuno

Yes, signed up for it. Did Ballinrobe duathlon as a tester. Is there any route maps available ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

nooneuno wrote: »
    Yes, signed up for it. Did Ballinrobe duathlon as a tester. Is there any route maps available ?

I'll double check that with the Race Director. If there is I'll respond here and get them added to the Tri Lakes site

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Am being well tempted by this. Should be a decent recovery session after Kinvara half.

Am being well tempted by this. Should be a decent recovery session after Kinvara half.

The bike and run course are the same as for the Quiet Man triathlon too. Handy if you're thinking of doing it in May. :cool:

You're racing a lot these days. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭elchupanebrey

I hope to get to this, please tell me the run is a bit easier than Caherlistrane was. That was a right tester!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

pgibbo wrote: »
    You're racing a lot these days. Fair play.

Doing a lot more training than this time last year and managed to hit a fair few of the road races around the area over the winter too. Not planning to do as mant tri's this year as focus is NS and taking a good 30mins outta my 70.3 time and doing the same in Dublin again in October.

2011 rinse and repeat at a higher spin setting :)

I hope to get to this, please tell me the run is a bit easier than Caherlistrane was. That was a right tester!!

AFAIK, it's a flat run route. There are no real hills around Cong (within a 5k run loop of Ashford) so I can't see how it would be hilly.

Route map available now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

AFAIK, it's a flat run route.

Have yet to see one of those!!!! :pac:

Will hopefully get to this one.

Planning to do it myself all going well :D

• Advertisement

AFAIK, it's a flat run route. There are no real hills around Cong (within a 5k run loop of Ashford) so I can't see how it would be hilly.

Don't worry about the run, worry about the 2km ascent on the bike !! :eek:

Don't worry about the run, worry about the 2km ascent on the bike !! :eek:

It's not 2km long is it? I'd have thought that's a bit of an exaggeration? Tasty hill though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eoinken

They only warn you about the decent on the site so imagine it will be leg burner on the way back. There is another 10K race on the same day in the area for those who have not suffered enough.

What is the other 10 Km race in aid of ? Charity race ?

What is the other 10 Km race in aid of ? Charity race ?

Yes. It's a charity 10km for Zambia Housing Project.

Advertisement