Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beretta 686e sporting or Lanber sport deluxe

Options
  • 21-02-2012 6:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey, just looking for a bit of advice on purchasing my first shotgun.

I've narrowed it down to the above mentioned. I have a choice of a brand new lanber deluxe or a s/h beretta 686e sporting in perfect condition. Both are similar money.

Both feel good and fit well so it's just a matter of which is the better choice. Quality, resale etc...

How much is a mint beretta worth s/h?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

beretta every time:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

I have the lanber sporting deluxe and paid big money for it when they came out here first. Great gun I love it and have never had a days trouble with it. Saying that If I had a chance a buying a 686e in near new condition for the same price I would probably go for it as Beretta seem to hold the value longer (if you look after it)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 maximusbiggus

Thanks for the replies. What would you pay for the beretta? What do they go for second hand?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'd go for the Beretta, but i'm biased. :D

A good quality 686e Sporting, with memory stock can go for between €1,200 - €1,400. Although it should be in great condition for that money. Without memory stock, and based on age/condition about €150 less.

Cannot comment on Lanber having never owned one.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

I'd go for the Beretta too, mate. John Lambert in Camolin has some lovely second hand Berettas for good prices at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭deeksofdoom

Beretta will hold its value better than the lanber.

Thanks guys. I think I'll take ur advice and go for the Beretta.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭beretta686s

when i traded my 686s for an explor a400 i got 700 for it and that was after 11 years of shooting with it and thousands of rounds through it and i only paid 730 for it when i picked it up 2nd so only 30 euro depreacion for 11 years of shooting not to bad i think and never gave me an ounce of bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

i have a 686e and its the bizz:D nice weight for clay shooting {no bruised shoulder!!}:rolleyes:and i used it shooting pigeons in the summer , have it over two years and never a miss fire. beretta +1

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭f100zardoz

beretta e without question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭browning 12 bore

i had a lanber for years deluxe sport model i shot thosands of pigeons and i wont mention the clays i shot it was a fantastic gun but sadly hard times for us all i have not shot a clay for over year or that so i decided to sell it very hard for me but i have to say lanber over and under never let me down. now bear im mind beretta was my next gun up if i did decide to trade up but never did any way thats my opinion

Thanks for all the replys guys. I got a beretta in the end. It's a beautiful gun in mint condition. 10 years old but still looks new! Very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Beretta1

Beretta definitely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

beretta, if something breaks you need to be able to buy parts for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Lanber were a great gun. Good value starter or country gun but they arent made anymore. If the 686E fits you I would go for Beretta,

If it has a B in it you cant fo wrong.
    Beretta, Browning or Benelli and the fun you described is one of there main stays.

If you dont believe me fo into estore beretta, they have a mountain of spares, check it out and best of kuck

• Registered Users Posts: 32 duckshooter

686 good gun

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I'd say he bought one or the other by now, its seven years since he asked the question...

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

It’s a no brainer, beretta all day.
    Lanber are a great gun, I know of guys shooting them for 10, 15, 20 years without a hitch, but unfortunately they no longer make them . Parts are going to be in short supply, the beretta will hold its value second to none if trade in is a consideration also.

Advertisement