Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aero / TT Bars - 1st purchase

Options
  • 21-02-2012 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

I need to buy a set now with an Olympic coming up in April.

I also have not had a bike fit done as their is little point in doing this until I have the bars.

Can people please offer some advice or specific bars that may be suitable ?

I hear they are a bit fiddly and taking them on and off is a pain and many people leave them on unless perhaps deliberately remove for a quite techincal Sprint or SS bike circuit ?

My last SS had tonnes of round abouts, turns and very short straights, Im sure I was not left wanting for them in that race.

However my 1st sprint of the series had 4 long straights and head winds and Im sure I missed them on this one.

Cheers for advice hopefully.

DM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

If you are going to only have one bike then do not get a full on aero-cockpit.

It sounds like you only race the very short distances so I would get short stubby, ITU style, clip on bars and leave them on all the time if I were you. Oval have some nice ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

tunney wrote: »
    If you are going to only have one bike then do not get a full on aero-cockpit.

It sounds like you only race the very short distances so I would get short stubby, ITU style, clip on bars and leave them on all the time if I were you. Oval have some nice ones.

Cheers.

I have been using this season to build for Olympic in April and I will be competing all distances to Olympic for the rest of the year.

When you say very short are you only referring to S and SS ? or Including Olympic relative to HIM and IM ?

Yup I only have one bike
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Cheers.

I have been using this season to build for Olympic in April and I will be competing all distances to Olympic for the rest of the year.

When you say very short are you only referring to S and SS ? or Including Olympic relative to HIM and IM ?

Yup I only have one bike
    cheers

Assuming S and SS are sprint and super sprint.

Anyway's with one bike it has to be clip ons. As for the exact bars to use it depends on the fit of your road bike.

Advertisement