Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21 in a row mornings

Options
  • 15-02-2012 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭

I don't remember reading about Fink's 21 in a row mornings beore CW mentioned it in his log, but anyone stuck to it? How much of a morning streak are you currently on? Any interest in a non tabled, non google doc'd challenge here? :)

Nothing today for me so I'll start in earnest tomorrow. Work travel looming so it might involve some intervals in an airport lounge to see it through...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I don't remember reading about Fink's 21 in a row mornings beore CW mentioned it in his log, but anyone stuck to it? How much of a morning streak are you currently on? Any interest in a non tabled, non google doc'd challenge here? :)

Nothing today for me so I'll start in earnest tomorrow. Work travel looming so it might involve some intervals in an airport lounge to see it through...

Define please. How early we talking and how much do you need to get done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I was on a serious early morning run streak when i started training back in October but its been hit and miss lately.
    I find when i have an option open to swim early morning or swim at lunchtime as a backup the backup normally wins when the alarm sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Define please. How early we talking and how much do you need to get done?

Open for debate. Basically its an early morning training streak. Unlike a running only one which just leads to injury. Any session counts as long as its consequtive days and started before 9am? Capiche

Open for debate. Basically its an early morning training streak. Unlike a running only one which just leads to injury. Any session counts as long as its consequtive days and started before 9am? Capiche

Ok, so I'm on 4 days if we count core and yoga!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Today was my first miss in about two weeks. :) I like mornings. I've never done the 21 day hit strictly, but I have developed the habit of early morning training anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Morning all the way, baby...

With a gaggle of small kids, the majority of training is done between 5am-9am:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Izoard wrote: »
    Morning all the way, baby...

With a gaggle of small kids, the majority of training is done between 5am-9am:)

And a combination of lunchtime sessions and nightime sessions and hey presto the kids think you never train.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

And a combination of lunchtime sessions and nightime sessions and hey presto the kids think you never train.

Your dedication to the cause is legendary with all that you have going on.

I can get some turbos done in the evening, but don't have the mojo for running or swimming after 9pm...

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

I love the morning training myself.. really sets me up for the day and was regularly running 8-10 miles before work

but.. I find it hard to wake up and get going. If I eat anything I find it upsets my stomach so I try and wait around for my nature to take its course which means I have to get up even earlier.

Gonna have to wait until I'm healthy to kick this off. Another SFA this morning :( Why oh why does my appetite go up when I gt sick. Everyone else sheds a stone weight when ill :confused::rolleyes:

Looking at the pics of JB and BTH on the "know your ARTist" thread brings it home to me why I get passed out on the run section of triathlons so much.
    doughef wrote: »
    I love the morning training myself.. really sets me up for the day and was regularly running 8-10 miles before work

but.. I find it hard to wake up and get going. If I eat anything I find it upsets my stomach so I try and wait around for my nature to take its course which means I have to get up even earlier.
    I also dig morning training but gave really struggled with the rhythm lately. I generally train on emtpy if swimming or running. I always eat before a bike session. Nature will call on me 30 mins into a run like clockwork. Yet I can get out of bed and wander around necking coffee for an hour and nada...

• Advertisement

And my four day run comes to an end. The OH has some problem with her jaw/teeth/god knows what (no, i didn't hit her :)). Three trips to the dentist and none the wiser, but she's in a lot of pain and if she sleeps poorly I sleep poorly.

Looking at the pics of JB and BTH on the "know your ARTist" thread brings it home to me why I get passed out on the run section of triathlons so much.

And looking at your pic, if you can keep up with your "technician" in the water then I have no hope of catching you. Swam against her in Brian Boru (her relay team included my coach biking) and I think I lost 4 minutes on a sprint swim. Lost 6min to her in the water at CK too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

I have been called out on this one. Finks theory is that 21 days is just short enough to have a nearly there attitude but long enough to effect the body clock into adapting to the early sessions and it becoming a habit.

I may not do something every morning training wise, potential race this weekend, rest days etc but I will attempt to get up at 7am ish every morning rather than rolling over and telling the missus to F off downstairs to feed the baby (shes breastfeeding :))

Although the blighter was up at 5am this morning so I did roll over today but did manage to get a short turbo session in before work so 3 days in a row so far

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Like sleeping more than I like training. Could never do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

catweazle wrote: »
    I have been called out on this one. Finks theory is that 21 days is just short enough to have a nearly there attitude but long enough to effect the body clock into adapting to the early sessions and it becoming a habit.

I may not do something every morning training wise, potential race this weekend, rest days etc but I will attempt to get up at 7am ish every morning rather than rolling over and telling the missus to F off downstairs to feed the baby (shes breastfeeding :))

Although the blighter was up at 5am this morning so I did roll over today but did manage to get a short turbo session in before work so 3 days in a row so far

Since when was 7am early? 5am was the perfect time for an early turbo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

pgibbo wrote: »
    Since when was 7am early? 5am was the perfect time for an early turbo! :D

Unlike the hardened Gibbo's we succumb to the cries of anguish from little Pudsey so he is down where the action is until the 11pm feed, so not getting to sleep till 12ish so no way am I getting up at 5 unless its for a holiday or a big sports match.

I have been told we are trying the 7.30 bedtime again next week (3rd time lucky perhaps)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Typical I start this thread and haven't trained a day since :rolleyes: I WILL give the 21 in a row a go as soon as I'm back in the saddle

Advertisement