Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Duathlon

Options
  • 14-02-2012 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of heading up there this weekend.

Anyone else heading up.

Anyone do this last year, if so whats the course like, Fast, Hard, Hilly, etc ?

I have raced on the old course but not this one so any feedback welcome.

Cheer's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Ceepo wrote: »
    I was thinking of heading up there this weekend.

Anyone else heading up.

Anyone do this last year, if so whats the course like, Fast, Hard, Hilly, etc ?

I have raced on the old course but not this one so any feedback welcome.

Cheer's

Hi Run is faltter but more turns than the old one. Its also longer at 4.5k. I think it was 5k last year and its changed again. Nice course actually.

The bike course is no 20k and basically the same as the Joey Sprint route (1sy half of olympic rute) except you start back at the boathouse which is a km or so from the Arena. Pretty flat until you are out of the Uni. Nice drag once you turn off the N7. Slower on the way out especially with a southwesterly but you will fly back.

Wanted to do this myself but ill at the moment and it looks unlikely.

Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Thanks for the reply,

Going to head up and have a go,
    Doesn't look like may on here are going or else they are planning a suprise attack :)

Thanks again

How did you get on Ceepo. Conditions coldn't have been better really for Feb. Disappointed to miss it. I fancied DaveR1 for the win but the lead pair running 15 mins off the bike is nuts!

Sorry for delay in getting back to you.

The weather was great for Feb, bit of pondering about what to wear, but jiust went with Cycling top in the end, and didn't feel cold

Sub 16 of the bike is great running, fast lads but just as fast on the bike as well.

The Cork lad's came in with a blind side attack 3 in the top 5, don't think any 1 saw that coming, i agree taught Dave R / Mike Y would take the win.

As for my own race, I have to be happy, first of the year and all that,
    I forgot how fast these races go out, Jaysus the go out hard, Old head sprung into action, LEAVE THEM OFF, started to pick of a few of the fast starter's heading up through the plaza, and a few more before

Ceepo wrote: »
    Sorry for delay in getting back to you.

The weather was great for Feb, bit of pondering about what to wear, but jiust went with Cycling top in the end, and didn't feel cold

Sub 16 of the bike is great running, fast lads but just as fast on the bike as well.

The Cork lad's came in with a blind side attack 3 in the top 5, don't think any 1 saw that coming, i agree taught Dave R / Mike Y would take the win.

As for my own race, I have to be happy, first of the year and all that,
    I forgot how fast these races go out, Jaysus the go out hard, Old head sprung into action, LEAVE THEM OFF, started to pick of a few of the fast starter's heading up through the plaza, and a few more before T1, off out on the bike, was a bit of a struggle, no legs at all, had a guy just in front of me, to aim at, took until 7k ish to haul him in, pissed on up to the turn, after turning seen a queue of lads eyeballing me, sure as ****, they came passed, had to dig deep to keep the gap down, coming through UL got caught in a bit of traffic, nor the only one, after a few fu**s headed into T2,
    Had a few to aim at coming out on the run, if only my legs would work, picked of one at the fountain, legs started to free out soon after, and i even started running, caught another 2 before the finish, and was even running strong,
    Happy with where I finished (6th) as I'd consider the lads in front good, and I'm givig most of them 15+ years.
    One sour note No Vets prize, bad form as maybe 45 % of entries are vets.

All in all a good race, with a few minor thing to be ironed out. I think they no themselves, they don't need me banging on

Thanks for asking, your probably sorry now :)

Regards
    Quote]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

What were all the burnt out cars in UL all about? A friend of mine did this race & couldn't figure out was it joyriders or some sort of modern art project.

@Ceepo, well done Lad that was savage running before and off the bike. Hows your swimming? With that leg speed I reckon you would leave most around here in your dust
    PWEI wrote: »
    What were all the burnt out cars in UL all about? A friend of mine did this race & couldn't figure out was it joyriders or some sort of modern art project.
    Safety Awareness Week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Safety Awareness Week

Making you aware of where not to park?

@Shotgunmcos, Thank's for that, handy enough at the running, but i'm afraid that's where it end's, pretty crap at the swimming. but i'm this year i'm even going to the pool, something i never done, so i might even improve, hopefully

Advertisement