Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MMA League 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

The League is ready to roll for a new year!
    On March 3rd in Loughlinstown Leisure Centre the first round of the League kicks off in 2012.
    There is more at stake this year than ever, with a Cage Contender Contract and sponsorship deal available for those at the top of the League come year end!
    There is more on offer this yeah than ever before, we will be announcing details of a tremendous prize for teen winners in the coming weeks keep an eye on the MMA League Website for details.

There has been a strong flurry of registration since it opened two weeks ago, at this point half of the places we have available have been filled, be sure to register as quickly as possible to avoid disappointment! You can register online here
    More news coming on the film crews that will be at the League events, keep checking the website to catch this news as it breaks or follow the League on Twitter or Facebook

A scant three weeks left before we open the books for the MMA League once more to welcome a bunch of new fighters into the safe, fun and easy way to give MMA competition a go. A large bunch of last year's fighters are coming back to the Veteran's division, so we will welcome back some old friends as well.

Registration has been brisk, so we are down to the last 30 places at the moment; no time to waste - if you want to give the League a go for fun, experience or to have a chance at winning the Cage Contender contract at the end of the year, don't wait any longer, register online now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ericgannon

What's the announcement in regards to the teen division?

ericgannon wrote: »
    What's the announcement in regards to the teen division?

Thanks for reminding me Eric, I'll get that out tomorrow morning. I think its something that every teen in the League will want to win!

The Teen Prize has just been revealed over on the League website, very exciting news for any young up and comers competing in the MMA League this year.

• Advertisement

I have a 50kg girl looking for a match in the League - any coaches with an interested fighter, give me a call on 087 - 2037 926 or drop me an email on info [at] MMALeague [dot] com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ericgannon

Thanks Mark that sounds great, the Cage Contender partership seems a massive step forward!

Less than a week until the League kicks off for 2012!
    That makes this your last chance to register for what will be the most exciting kick-off in the League's history.

Remember if you don't register before noon on Friday the 2nd of March, you will not be able to compete.

Everyone got their hair and make up done? Don't forget we have a camera crew filming at the League this Saturday!

1 hour left to register for tomorrow's event.

Closing down registration at noon.

How to get to Loughlinstown Leisure centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Hi Mark.

Just in case you're not aware, the MMA League site has been down since yesterday.

Great event Saturday by the way!

Thanks Jimmy, you should follow the league on Twitter, I was tweeting about it today, very frustrating.
    Troubles are behind us now at least and I have got the report/ results up on the League Website

Six weeks to go to register for MMA League Cork!
    A lot more clubs registering for this one compared to last year so should be a big event.

Cork registration has been coming thick and fast so the event is starting to fill up - if you haven't already head on over and Register Online from our website

Five weeks to MMA League Belfast!

Five weeks to MMA League Belfast!

Our triumphant return to Belfast draws ever closer, still some space for entries on this event, so get over to www.MMALeague.com and register if you haven't already!

Here are some highlights from our first ever visit to County Antrim (though I should point out the DVD is no longer on sale :) )

4 days left to register for Cork, don't forget registration closes at noon on Friday!

http://mmaleague.com/RegisterFighter.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Our triumphant return to Belfast draws ever closer, still some space for entries on this event, so get over to www.MMALeague.com and register if you haven't already!

Here are some highlights from our first ever visit to County Antrim (though I should point out the DVD is no longer on sale :) )

I'm looking forward to this one :D

Don't forget that the camera crew will be there doing a documentary too!! There are loads of clubs round this part of the country so let's hope they all get involved!!

Good News for you late risers - MMA League Belfast kicks off with weigh ins at the slightly later time of 10:30 this Saturday
    Weigh-in 10:30 until 12:00 Rules meeting at 12 and fights beginning shortly after that

This will help those of you that were speaking to me about travelling a long way to the event.

Still some places left, so get registered over on the Website

Last day to register for MMA League Belfast! Closing registration at noon tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Great day at the league in Belfast today. Would be great to see a few more :D

The League rocked in the Valley Leisure Centre Belfast on Saturday!
    Huge thanks to all the coaches and fighters that came along for the event.
    Thanks to John Ferguson for bringing along the camera crew, who took a HEAP of footage, that will hopefully re-emerge as a documentary.

Big thanks to Michelle for keeping everything running smoothly during the day.
    Results are up!

The scene has been set for some close battles in Galway and in the finals in Dublin with the results in Cork and Belfast, roll on round 3!

The League is back in Galway!
    Registration is now open for Round 3, full details on the website and in this article

Added the event to Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/events/408903332489731/

Just under a month to go to MMA League Galway!
    Entries are shaping up well and I have a couple of girls entered also - anyone looking to match some ladies please give me an email

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I have a couple of girls entered also - anyone looking to match some ladies please give me an email

Any joy with this Mark?

rain on wrote: »
    Any joy with this Mark?

No girls have come forward to compete against the Point Blank team thus far, so I am not hopeful currently we will be able to make matches in Galway.

Two weeks to get your entries in for the League remember -
    - You must be a memeber of a club and insured by the club to compete at the event
    - Teens will only be allowed to compete in Galway with a signed permission slip - NO EXCEPTIONS
    - Registration closes at noon on Friday the 24th of August

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

No girls have come forward to compete against the Point Blank team thus far, so I am not hopeful currently we will be able to make matches in Galway.
    :(

What gives, ladies? We won't kill ye (much)

• Advertisement

1 week to MMA League Galway!
    I will be sending out permission slips to all registered teens shortly, remember no slip signed by your parents = no fight

Advertisement