Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run-a-Muck

Options
  • 12-02-2012 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Anyone doing this on the 3rd of March?

My mate did it last year and I told him if he was doing it again tell me about it, signed up there on Friday.

Looks like good craic.

Anyone have any advice?

I read on the older threads that footballs boots are a good choice in footwear.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi pakb1ue

I am doing it again this March, done it last October aswell, it's great craic just wear clothes that you are willing to throw away afterwards and take it as a bit of lighthearted fun :)

They have some powerwashers and water hoses onsite for you to clean off afterwards with but you really wont be clean until you get a nice shower at home!

the 5k is not as long as you think and i regretted not having done 10k last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

might tackle it myself, looks like a good laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

I just entered a team of 6 today. I did the first one, wasn't at the last one so reckon it will be a bit of craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

I just entered a team of 6 today. I did the first one, wasn't at the last one so reckon it will be a bit of craic.

Did you not get enough muck and water on Sunday gohard :D All just for 7 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

Did you not get enough muck and water on Sunday gohard :D All just for 7 quid.

I know! It all got washed off though in those luxury pools Dpop had installed at the top of Annagh Hill. 7 quid was great value. 9 quid for bus was great value. I didn't have anything to drink in the pub (Coke was much more inviting than a Guinness) but didn't bring my car to Sandyford thinking that I would have had a drink or two and shelled out 14 euro getting home.

Runamuck was 20 quid and my sister is driving. Sweet! I did try to tempt her with Maulin. Bit of a family affair, younger bro is taking part too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭pakb1ue

Had great craic today, did my run in 40 minutes but could of done it faster if there wasnt so many people in my way ;)

Wore boots and they where great for getting grip.

Had to laugh at the guys in the suits.

Also how deep was the water, I ended up swimming in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Have to say it was a good laugh but some of the organisation of the event could be a bit better.

1) The car park on the right ended up with most people being pushed\pulled out of it.
    2) The start was a complete shambles with the starting pen being overcrowded and they having to make the 10k into 3 groups and those in the 3rd group ended up being mixed in the 2nd lap with the 5k group.
    3) Some of the stewards at the deep water slides were not aware of how deep the water was as according to their facebook page some people got into difficulty there and fellow competitors had to rescue them as the stewards did not pay attention.
    4) Maybe I missed it but unlike previous events there didn't seem to be any warm-up exercises.
    5) When it came to some of the ditches where you had to use a rope the stewards were not paying any attention as more often than not the people climbing up left the rope at the top and never threw it back down for others. on several occasions I ended up climbing the side of the bank and then throwing ropes back down for people.

I know these are minor gripes but the starting situation really ruined the second lap for me and some others that I met along the way. If nothing else is addressed then the starting scenario and a warning over water depth for those that can't swim well should be.

Advertisement