Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Tipp Sprint

Options
  • 07-02-2012 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Registration for the North Tipp Sprint is open

Click here to register

Race Date: Saturday, April 14th

This is the 5th year of the event and as usual the Nenagh Triathlon Club try to make triathlon racing a little bit more affordable with a very low €28 entry fee. You can purchase a race t-shirt on the day if you want (in our experience less than 20% of race entries actually want a tech t-shirt when given the option!). We are pushing to lower the costs of triathlon in Ireland. Hopefully, you can support this ideal by entering the race.

This race has sold out every year since it started and we hope to continue that trend in 2012.

This is the first triathlon of the year and those of you that are targeting the National Sprint Championships in Valentia in early May would find it very useful for getting up to speed.

The pool based swim also means that it is a nice triathlon for beginners.

We hope to see as many of ye there as possible. Best of luck with your training till then.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Signed up last night...yikes, I really need to get tonnes better at swimming.

Slightly off topic but equally important query -As this will be my first triathlon I'm unsure of the cake situation. All my favourite 10k races in the past have had great buns and cake:)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Huff n Puff

Bally 8 - In the North Tipp Sprint you are allowed to wear arm bands and a rubber ring so you should be fine!! (I know....I really should be more encouraging)

As usual we will have cake and bun mountains for after the race. Lucky for you Bally8, as a Nenagh Club member you will get to help supply and build the mountains for us (all food is supplied by club members at no cost to race entrants). I hope you are good at baking?? We will probably need 500 rice krispie buns off you, so if yourself and Stephen start tonight ye should have them ready in time! We will send a trailer out to get them.

Ha ha very funny. After this morning's successful swim session I'm starting to think I might only need the arm bands and not the rubber ring :D

Must go off now to start practicing my baking. Will bring the first batch of rice krispie buns to the duathlon at the weekend:).

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

Are tumble-turns allowed in the swim?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Huff n Puff

Nope. All tumble turns were banned last year in pool based triathlons as far as I can remember so unless there is a change of heart over the next few weeks then I would imagine it is going to be a tumble turn free event again this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Currently involved in organising a pool based tri, and no tumble turns are allowed anymore. No back-pedalling from TI on the issue either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

Thanks for the link interested, I'm happy to read the bit at the bottom where it says I wont be disqualified if I dont complete the swim in time. I wasnt sure how it would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Signed up to this, looking forward to it but alot of work to do!!

Website says its 85% sold out. Time to get a registering people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ray o

Just registered. First of the season, looking forward to getting back into it now.

Advertisement