Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinahely Duathlon

Options
  • 07-02-2012 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭

Got a facebook invite for this. On 6th May. Tinahely Duathlon club. Maybe...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭trinib

Done this last year, v well run event nice course too. It just so happens the same as last year I have a wedding the day before so mite have to give it a miss this year, dont think I could handle another day on the ballygowan like that:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

I was talking briefly to one of The Tinahely Tri guys yesterday at Annagh Hill... its going to be a 3k/20k/5k this year- *think* this means the second run will be along the lovely river trail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

I was talking briefly to one of The Tinahely Tri guys yesterday at Annagh Hill... its going to be a 3k/20k/5k this year- *think* this means the second run will be along the lovely river trail.

Don't you have the record for that section? ;)

Don't you have the record for that section? ;)

M40 record ;)

Actually I think this 20k loop will become my bike training route. its got enough flat and enough hills to make a decent workout.

Got it slightly wrong above^

1st run (5.75k) Starts on the boleybawn rd near Rothwells farm, then enters the Railway Walk trail to loop back. Great run!

20k bike Tinahely-Shillelagh-Coolattin-Coolboy-Tinahely

2nd run (3k) out and back along the new trail extension.

Enter here. Local bragging rights at stake- I'm gonna kick your ass on this Slogger, PosNeg:p

• Advertisement

rolls up sleeves... thats fightin' talk. I'm game.

Did you enter yet SJ? I think they are expecting to sell out soon.

The course is updated on their website.

Did you enter yet SJ? I think they are expecting to sell out soon.

The course is updated on their website.

Not yet. Must get finger out. Must try cycle a bike outdoors for a change too :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

I did a recce of the first run tonight, brilliant run through the forest trail, along a swollen river, all the trees coming into bloom... fantastic part of the world, this.

Slogger, have you entered yet?:D There were a few lads looking for someone to do the bike part (of the relay). Race entries close in a couple of days, this is one of those great value (€25), well-organised, club events, that everyone talks about for months after.

Sounds great. Unfortunately, I'll be staying away from races of any description until I can get over my latest injury jinx. Might drive down and get into a devil costume with a trident and jump around as you cycle past (assuming you've fixed your chain!) :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Courtesy of Wicklow News:
    Roundwood's Noel Kavanagh won the Tinahely duoathlon on Sunday morning in a time of 59.42.
    The first lady home was Helen White in a time of 1.11.34

Awesome time. I was out on the route taking snaps and no sooner did I get into position in various stages when he was motoring past. Had a gap from the first run and seemed to extend it in each leg. Link to photos coming soon.

Looks like a great, well organised event. Blessed with the weather too.

Really well organized event, the Tinahely Tri lads put on a slick operation. Decent crowd of about 120 or so, with some real speedsters making the journey. I dnf'ed on the bike leg with gear trouble, but I got back to T2 in time to see NK make the slickest transition possible. It was like he mounted his bike, stepped into his running shoes, without breaking stride.

*Edit* Results

Flicker set:
    here

+1 to that. Event was top drawer with quality runners out there. We'll have to time-trial KG on same course, with a reinforced chain, this time.

rer451 wrote: »
    On a lighter note,
    we were delighted to see Matt and so many fine athletes partaking in our event and hope to see you all back next year for the 2013 edition.

Yeah, lets focus on the positives rather than one unrelated skewed opinion. This really was a great day for so many people, and no wonder it appeals to the top guys. The winner had an awesome lead, and there must have been some battle for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, on the final run; they all came into T2 closely together. I've never seen so many people training out on their bikes around these parts, loads of smiling faces on the day. Shocked by some of the times the Tinahely lads posted, I'll have to start attending a LOT more training sessions to catch up!

Well done to all concerned, can't wait for next year (unfinished business!):)

The leading bikes were going some speed on the start of the downhill mid way to Shillelagh. Serious athletes there and serious bike tech too no doubt. One of these would surely cost you.
    7001952732_c12ce00cf3_c.jpg

The gap between 2nd and 3rd might have been closable if the last leg was a k or 2 longer. Gap here at the turnaround point.
    7002139892_5d9a423bf8.jpg

The gap between 2nd and 3rd might have been closable if the last leg was a k or 2 longer. Gap here at the turnaround point.
    7002139892_5d9a423bf8.jpg

Savage running to make that gap over 1.5k on a decent runner like Keith H. They were neck and neck out of T2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rer451

Keep an eye on our Facebook page for a video of the event .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rer451

Advertisement