Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[O/T] Shorts over leggings

Options
  • 06-02-2012 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭

Why do people do this? Why wear shorts over leggings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

tunney wrote: »

Running or cycling?

Leggings being tights?

I double up on cycle pants for comfort. I like wearing running shorts when running and wear tights under to stop any chance of chafe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Running or cycling?

Leggings being tights?

I double up on cycle pants for comfort. I like wearing running shorts when running and wear tights under to stop any chance of chafe

Ahhhh context. Yes.

Running.

Big GAA style shorts over running tights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Possibly self conscious about modesty.

GAA shorts (or similar) probably wouldnt want to be 'seen dead in a pair of tights'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

ah yes, those people.

I bet they have never pissed in a bottle while turbo'ing in their shed either. People holding on to some sense of modesty, which is already long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

If you are built like Linford Christie, you can save people some angst - otherwise, don't bother...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

mloc123 wrote: »
    ah yes, those people.

I bet they have never pissed in a bottle while turbo'ing in their shed either. People holding on to some sense of modesty, which is already long gone.

The problem is not the pi$$ing in the bottle but the knocking over of the bottle after a 4 hour turbo.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

but the knocking over of the bottle

I know a GP who sent a bottle over their desk during the week.. if we come up with some fancy solution for the problem I bet we can sell it. Triathletes will buy anything made of carbon I hear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭griffin100

Izoard wrote: »
    If you are built like Linford Christie, you can save people some angst - otherwise, don't bother...

I just feel selfconcious if my camel toe is on show :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Because they want to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Izoard wrote: »

The druggy he was I'm surprised he hadn't inverted, it had to have been football socks down there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭pc11

Isn't it more like they're wearing tights under shorts rather than the other way around?! :-)

What I mean is they are adding the tights to the shorts, not shorts to leggings.

Actually, I really hate people wearing GAA gear while running, espcecially the big thick stupid socks with running shoes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

I do it because I don't want to make all other men feel inadequate... Proper running shorts though not that GAA rubbish. And nothing motivates me in a race like seeing someone in GAA or soccer gear in front of me

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Runners do this to hide their bits. Triathletes have already lost all dignity from peeing on the bike and dont care about showing off their undercarraige.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I reserve judgement on the GAAAAA shorts until such time as I pass them. I passed a lad huffing and puffing the other week and I felt his huffing and puffing behind me for the best part of 2km. He hung on! Another GAA convert friend of mine would leave me for dead.

On another note, do you folk wear underwear under your leggings?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Not underwear, just a pair of short tights / compression shorts for extra warmth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I do, to stop the junk jangling around, don't have any banana hammocks available.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Recently yes, if only to hid my camel toe. Speedo style underwear works well. I am going o try out speedos under my trisuit also based on a recomendation.

Advertisement